FNB Fusion accounts and fraudulent transactions

mr_norris

Expert Member
Hey everyone,

I should have done this homework a year ago, because I am now having my doubts about fusion accounts (specifically Gold) having lost card protection.

According to the Gold Credit Card T&C's, lost card protection is what covers you for fraudulent transactions:

1589533255526.png

The fusion T&C's are vague AF, and I find myself wondering if there are T&C's elsewhere:

1589533293092.png

I have heard that there is no LCP on Gold Fusion at all, but you can pay for it.

Does that seem right?

airborne

Honorary Master
Interesting have you contacted FNB and asked them about this?

mr_norris

Expert Member
Interesting have you contacted FNB and asked them about this?
I am battling to find someone who can answer me. Secure chat told me I need debt protection on the overdraft facility to be protected - but that doesn't make sense to me. A mate of mine mentioned that I you have to get credit protection on the account - but I can't find any source which says that. I think I will go to FNB and ask someone.

JayM

Expert Member
I had the same concerns when converting to Fusion, so I just set my Fusion limit very low and continued using my credit card as normal. I've never even used the Fusion card - the only reason Fusion is worth it, is for the ebucks points.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
You enter your card details at VISA and you’ll see you have all the same protections are any other credit card with them.

Not sure what is vague about the T&C’s they are essentially identical?

Concentric

I had the same concerns when converting to Fusion, so I just set my Fusion limit very low and continued using my credit card as normal. I've never even used the Fusion card - the only reason Fusion is worth it, is for the ebucks points.
I do the same.
Fusion is just used as my check account.
Slightly annoying that the credit limit cant be 0

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
If fusion is one of those bundled cheque and credit card accounts then im guessing the t&c means fraud occurring on a lost credit card reported as missing will be covered, but the corresponding cheque card linked on the same account will not be covered.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Not sure what is vague about the T&C’s they are essentially identical?
That's the problem. The credit card T&C's are specific. The Fusion T&C's mention that LCP is available on certain cards, but don't specify which.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
If fusion is one of those bundled cheque and credit card accounts then im guessing the t&c means fraud occurring on a lost credit card reported as missing will be covered, but the corresponding cheque card linked on the same account will not be covered.

There is only one card.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
That's the problem. The credit card T&C's are specific. The Fusion T&C's mention that LCP is available on certain cards, but don't specify which.

There used to be an easy link on Visa’s website where you could just go and check with your own card number but for the life of me I can’t find it now.

Are these generic T&C’s off the website or the ones you actually personally agreed to? Maybe that’s the difference?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Lol FNB and their zillion accounts and cards. Good luck trying to figure out the wood from the trees.