FNB hit with service issues

Ecco

Executive Member
Oh wow, again! Thank goodness i haven't been affected by any of the outages to date.

Prof.Merlin

Expert Member
Something i do not get, which may just be me. Why is it embarrasing when a transaction is declined. It tells you why it was declined. And does not say insuffiecent funds. So why be embarrased about it. I dont get it.

K

kingrob

simpsons_nelson_haha2_zps7755a78b.jpg

murray654

cant transact online "function not available in stand-in" - while trying to increase daily limit

DearHeart

Expert Member
Major ROFL @ "Customers have found themselves unable to swipe or withdraw money" :D

CathJ

Expert Member
Not only that, their internet banking is seriously screwed up. It shows randomly"null" as my balance, or my real balance, or some figure unrelated to my balance. I transferred money from one account to another; it was correct earlier, now it's showing the money as being present in both accounts!

Rather take the website offline than show incorrect data...

william riker

wow, i didn't know about the outage, luckily my FNB credit card was working an hour ago at the shops.

my online profile showed my account balances as " not available" but thats back to normal now

GG_Allin

Something i do not get, which may just be me. Why is it embarrasing when a transaction is declined. It tells you why it was declined. And does not say insuffiecent funds. So why be embarrased about it. I dont get it.

Well it can be really embarrassing, if you are doing month-end shopping and there is a long line of people behind you. They don't care about the reason your card is declined....or even worse you are on a hot date and the card gets declined :mad:

My cards were declined a total of 3 times last year. It is absolutely ridiculous especially for a bank that is punting electronic banking so much

I have been a really loyal FNB customer since kicking STD bank out 2 years ago but these interruptions are making wonder about the reliability of their back-end infrastructure. They need to have 99.9999% reliability i.e. ~53 mins of downtime a year!

The Voice

Honorary Master
Well that sucked. Was standing at the till trying to pay for lunch, and kept getting declined. Tried to withdraw from the ATM, same thing, even though my bank balance ia still healthy. At least now I know why it didnt work. :D

william riker

what cities/provinces were affected the most, do you guys know ?

i'm in PE and i was paying accounts and buying lunch and there were no issues, this was after 11am though.

EDIT: FNB online banking balances back to unavailable

Last edited: