FNB hit with service issues

FlashSA

Executive Member
Had the incorrect / unavailable balance issue this morning but was able to do the payments I needed to. When I logged in a little while ago, I see they have rolled back their site to an older version (which I preferred) compared to the current pretty version.........

Big problems for their IT Department.....

Bern

Expert Member
fb doesn't go down.. but fnb does?

Actually parts of FB are down all the time, I have run in to this issue with them plenty of times. Also FNB has to be a hell of a lot more secure, they can't just accidently allow people access to part of your profile or randomly change security rules.

I am not very happy with these issues, but the reality is FNB is still light years ahead of the other banks in terms of customer service (I specifically exclude private banking from this statement as that it a premium service), point and case are how fantastic they are when doing something like a home loan which I have just done - firstly getting a single, knowledgeable point of contact with a simple process. None of the others do this, ABSA promise to call you back within 48hrs - do they not want business?

Die_Miek

Could this be a similar scenario to the one, I believe, cell c experienced?
By more people joining them their system is unable to handle the added "traffic"???

kolakidd

I just happened to log on to internet banking just as the issue was starting, I had very limited functionality, but the most intriguing thing was that there was an extra R7000 in my one account. The balance corrected itself later, but I don't think this issue was an outage.

K

kingrob

I tried to contact Steve, but his phone was off. :D

Folks, FNB is pretty much becoming the laughing stock of the banking industry...but if you're saving money, you don't mind to put that monthly shopping trolley back when your card gets declined once more.

Sucks to be you. Sorry.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Actually parts of FB are down all the time, I have run in to this issue with them plenty of times. Also FNB has to be a hell of a lot more secure, they can't just accidently allow people access to part of your profile or randomly change security rules.

I am not very happy with these issues, but the reality is FNB is still light years ahead of the other banks in terms of customer service (I specifically exclude private banking from this statement as that it a premium service), point and case are how fantastic they are when doing something like a home loan which I have just done - firstly getting a single, knowledgeable point of contact with a simple process. None of the others do this, ABSA promise to call you back within 48hrs - do they not want business?

:erm:

Bern

Expert Member

Seriously have you recently dealt with all the banks for various different services? I have and I can tell you there is a big difference. The outage is a big problem, it really sucks and is on payday, but in terms of the overall service they still are the closest to decent I have found.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Any new problems anyone know about???

My FNB account is not receiving any transaction since the 1st, FNB to FNB…

I already contacted FNB and they told me there are no transactions made to my account.

On the other side, I did not receive any POP, but how can it be everyone?

Bern

Expert Member
Everything seems to be working fine on my side.

Any new problems anyone know about???

My FNB account is not receiving any transaction since the 1st, FNB to FNB…

I already contacted FNB and they told me there are no transactions made to my account.

On the other side, I did not receive any POP, but how can it be everyone?