FNB is hiring everyone from cybersecurity experts to chemical engineers

The Door

Honorary Master
Sad, they should have had enough IT, and Cyber Security types on board long ago, now they want to poach folks to fill those gaps. EISH!!
Did you read the article? They are expanding into new business. Want to be all things to all people. I wonder if they stock pasta makers...

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Did you read the article? They are expanding into new business. Want to be all things to all people. I wonder if they stock pasta makers...

Starting a new business - that does what, that they should not already be competent at?

Running scared of ransom ware attacks?

lunch

Worked there about a decade ago the pay and benefits are good but it's full corporate and quite stressful. Also jhb lol, no thanks never again

Napalm2880

Expert Member
They have many financial perks, and that's a big plus. I left because it's still very much big corporate and everything that comes with it.
That's just my experience in the team I was part of.
That pretty much sums it up.

Bighit

Expert Member
Worked there about a decade ago the pay and benefits are good but it's full corporate and quite stressful. Also jhb lol, no thanks never again
They actually let you work remote in some positions now.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Yea sure, that's the reason :ROFL:

Or what was the other one, FNB are the only ones implementing it the proper way.

Proper way ...

I thought, every body did it the free way first, the the cheapest way next ... , the progressively from their, patch it till it works ... , then proclaim you are the best ... , and charge your customers as if you had done it properly.

lunch

Someone please ELI5 why they need Chemical Engineers?
My chem eng buddy was hired at fnb as a business analyst, he's now a full time BA. The nature of the degree doesn't really matter too much, one of the best software Devs in my previous team had a masters in maths and you'd never be able to tell