FNB is hiring everyone from cybersecurity experts to chemical engineers

R13...

Honorary Master
All these experts and they still can't get Apple Pay to work?
The experts are still yet to start work. And I wouldn't call 2/5 years of experience expert level either so I'd give them 5 more years before they get Apple pay working.

The Darkness

Expert Member
FNB - the same bank that after 5 years of complaining about it, still make you call in, answer 5 stupid questions, to set your bank card to roam globally.

system32

Executive Member
Someone please ELI5 why they need Chemical Engineers?
RMB & RMB Corvest (part of the FirstRand group) use all sorts of engineers for corporate financing, venture capital, private equity deals. They need industry specific teams that ensure success.

Sabatius_the_Great

20 days now. After 5 and ten years' service it increases
I knew a COO's useless nephew who always made losses, was less than 2 years there and was his first job. Always took Mondays and Fridays off as well as three, 10 days leave at a time.

Never was as productive or contributed as other employees did and also received a KPI of 4.

Must be nice being a First Naidoo Bank I guess.

Edited for Grammer.

cda

Worked there about a decade ago the pay and benefits are good but it's full corporate and quite stressful. Also jhb lol, no thanks never again
No remote work, and a pretty toxic culture. Sounds great where do I sign

RudderVator

Expert Member
FNB - the same bank that after 5 years of complaining about it, still make you call in, answer 5 stupid questions, to set your bank card to roam globally.
WOW?:oops: Last time back in 2018 you could turn on international travel on any Debit/CC inside the Absa banking app? Just enter your travel dates. Worked really well. I see Nedbank also does it.

Can also temporarily lock any card or choose what transaction types (ATM, POS) are not allowed on a certain card.

Last edited:

PhireSide

Honorary Master
No remote work, and a pretty toxic culture. Sounds great where do I sign
We've been WFH since lockdown started. Feelings across the group has been very positive with the change in dynamics bringing with it a lot of increased productivity, and best of all - less meetings :)