FNB PayPal withdrawal.

infrared

Hey guys, I'm currently trying to withdraw money from my PayPal account using the FNB online banking service. I have set up my account and my documents and my bank account has been verified (I don't bank with FNB) and have linked my PayPal account, however when I try to withdraw from PayPal using the FNB website it give me an error stating "e-104129 hard hold on account", I tried using their online chat service but they just gave me a reason saying my banking app is not verified and I should call into their contact center. Has anyone experienced this or how should I solve this.

Thanks in advance

Aghori

Honorary Master
Verify your banking app. Make a payment of >R350 to anybody/yourself and it will automatically be verified in 7 days.

infrared

Verify your banking app. Make a payment of >R350 to anybody/yourself and it will automatically be verified in 7 days.
I don't bank with FNB, I bank with Capitec. So how do I make a payment using FNB app? And on the FNB app it doesn't let me sign in with my online banking profile. Can you please make it more clear. Thanks

Pho3nix

The Legend
I’d call them and ask for your profile to be reset. Internet Banking. You need to be able to login on your app first and then you should be able to withdraw

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hey guys, I'm currently trying to withdraw money from my PayPal account using the FNB online banking service. I have set up my account and my documents and my bank account has been verified (I don't bank with FNB) and have linked my PayPal account, however when I try to withdraw from PayPal using the FNB website it give me an error stating "e-104129 hard hold on account", I tried using their online chat service but they just gave me a reason saying my banking app is not verified and I should call into their contact center. Has anyone experienced this or how should I solve this.

Thanks in advance
Yes. I phone FNB PayPal and they sort it out.
087 572 9725

infrared

Thank you guys for your help, I eventually managed to get the hard hold removed from my account. And I'm just waiting for the money to be transferred into my account.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hey buddy i need your help. how do you use this service to transfer money to FNB account
You need to set up a bank account for the currency you'll get paid in. You will use this bank account to receive your funds.

Then you can link a bank account you want to "send" the money to once received in Transferwise account.

In order to open an account you'll probably need to transfer a "small" amount to it. Also remember on the first transfer per year to your SA account you will need to check your email for a form you need to complete. But it is super straightforward.

ngoni615

You need to set up a bank account for the currency you'll get paid in. You will use this bank account to receive your funds.

Then you can link a bank account you want to "send" the money to once received in Transferwise account.

In order to open an account you'll probably need to transfer a "small" amount to it. Also remember on the first transfer per year to your SA account you will need to check your email for a form you need to complete. But it is super straightforward.
Alright i receive my salary in Paypal so how can i get the money from paypal to my FNB account using this service buddy? how long does it take to get the money?

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Alright i receive my salary in Paypal so how can i get the money from paypal to my FNB account using this service buddy? how long does it take to get the money?
Go to your online banking profile and link your PayPal account there.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
I have a non resident FNB account and they told me i can not link a paypal account to it. Since i am not South African
Then you're stuck dude.

I could buy your PayPal from you, but i have certain conditions.

PM if interested.

ngoni615

Then you're stuck dude.

I could buy your PayPal from you, but i have certain conditions.

PM if interested.
Not really stuck bro but thanks hey. I have another account that i am using but its a friend's account. I just use it to convert paypal into rands then transfer to my main account. Thing is it is on hold ... when i want to pay using paypal so already sent an email and will have it fixed. For now a friend of mine bought the paypal money from me. Thanks for the offer though. Just looking for other alternatives to FNB.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Well it is two different services. Either you use PayPal or you use Transferwise. But as you know with PayPal you are at the mercy of FNB whether they want you to receive money or not.

What can try is open a bank account with Transferwise in the same currency you receive in PayPal (USD?) and then transfer money from your PayPal to your US bank with Transferwise. Then once the money reflect there you send it to your SA Bank.

It's just a pain as I don't know how much you will lose in Transfer fees from Paypal to Transferwise. Then of course there will be transfer fees from Wise to ZAR bank.

But maybe test it with a couple of dollars.

ngoni615

Al
Well it is two different services. Either you use PayPal or you use Transferwise. But as you know with PayPal you are at the mercy of FNB whether they want you to receive money or not.

What can try is open a bank account with Transferwise in the same currency you receive in PayPal (USD?) and then transfer money from your PayPal to your US bank with Transferwise. Then once the money reflect there you send it to your SA Bank.

It's just a pain as I don't know how much you will lose in Transfer fees from Paypal to Transferwise. Then of course there will be transfer fees from Wise to ZAR bank.

right thanks buddy. i just verified my account with transferwise. So going to see if i can link paypal to transferwise

Speedster

Honorary Master

PayPal withdrawals to Wise (they've rebranded) are free

RedViking

Nord of the South
@ngoni615 i forgot to say, if I transfer money today it is usually here by 23:00 latest the next day. Only time there is a hold up us when I forgot to sign the form once a year.