FNB PayPal withdrawal.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I have read many complaints and most of them appears to be once their balances reached $600 and up.
I was moving about €50k daily through mine for a good few months with no issues.

rvZA

Honorary Master
I was moving about €50k daily through mine for a good few months with no issues.

I wish I could say that this is good news, but I am not sure about it. €50k daily money movement with a reporting requirement by Wise and they did not freeze your account, while they froze thousands of other accounts for amounts not even 0.5% the value of yours?

Pho3nix

The Legend
@ngoni615

Just paid money over. They don't transfer on weekends. This is for NZD

View attachment 1042293

Which bank are you with?
Got this and I'm with FNB. Did the withdrawal at 12pm yesterday.

f0a8d31bb0cb29e4f525d8c9216a37a5.jpg

Also are you using a Business Wise account? Have a suspicion those come in quicker

RedViking

Nord of the South
Which bank are you with?
Got this and I'm with FNB. Did the withdrawal at 12pm yesterday.

f0a8d31bb0cb29e4f525d8c9216a37a5.jpg

Also are you using a Business Wise account? Have a suspicion those come in quicker

It is just a standard account. Haven't tried the business one yet. Will check it out.

You should receive your money by 11PM tonight. But I am with Absa. Seems like FNB might take longer from others in this thread.

Pho3nix

The Legend
It is just a standard account. Haven't tried the business one yet. Will check it out.

You should receive your money by 11PM tonight. But I am with Absa. Seems like FNB might take longer from others in this thread.

Hmm.. will add my Standard Bank account and see if there's a difference.

Very annoying tbh.

Eliphas

Not really stuck bro but thanks hey. I have another account that i am using but its a friend's account. I just use it to convert paypal into rands then transfer to my main account. Thing is it is on hold ... when i want to pay using paypal so already sent an email and will have it fixed. For now a friend of mine bought the paypal money from me. Thanks for the offer though. Just looking for other alternatives to FNB.
I'm pretty sure using other peoples accounts for money is illegal so best to try to not do that if you still are, even if you are just passing money through it for convenience.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Last couple of months Wise (Transferwise) has been paying out my money and appearing in my account same day (11 hours max later) I processed it.

NZD to Absa

IMG_20210621_133847.jpg

Edit: It only appeared in my account 19:55 the following day

Last edited:

RedViking

Nord of the South
Last couple of months Wise (Transferwise) has been paying out my money and appearing in my account same day (11 hours max later) I processed it.

NZD to Absa

View attachment 1092495

Edit: It only appeared in my account 19:55 the following day
I thought I will just give an update, it only appeared the following day at 19:55 in my account this time. So more than 24 hours. Not sure what causes the delay.

Pho3nix

The Legend
I thought I will just give an update, it only appeared the following day at 19:55 in my account this time. So more than 24 hours. Not sure what causes the delay.

Basically trading my funds with a friend of mine lately.

Not sure what happened since they moved to Bidvest but the transfers are really slow. Tried FNB and Standard Bank. Don't even fathom how Absa takes two days.