FNB Private client vs Private wealth

blunt

Expert Member
Not trying to convince you, just mentioning the difference.

Avis p2p has nothing to do with car rentals. It's a point to point travel service. Basically 10 free shuttle rides, which if you use it for a largish distance can add up to quite a bit saved...
ah ok didn't know that

jezzad

Expert Member
Ive just been “upgraded” to private wealth. In truth I probably just about scrape through to meet their requirements.

Ive been going over my monthly expenses as everyone is needing to tighten their belt.

In particular I’ve looked at my banking fees costs, I dont fine these easy to read on online banking but when I download my statement Im paying about R400 a month on my personal account.

Considering I have a business account as well FNB is making R600 + on me a month.

I haven’t noticed anything new about being upgraded besides the card.

• I dont really pay close attention to earning points and ebucks so if these happen great
  • Airport lounge visits are great but the lounges are really over crowded so I dont feel special
  • Private banker take 24 / 48hrs to reply I have never met her, don't really consider this a “private” banker then.

Im really considering downgrading my account if thats possible to a simple gold account. My business account gets hammered R19 for every debit order.

Its my fault for really not paying attention to this stuff.

I think the mission of switching banks and bonds probably means I never will

Snyper564

Executive Member
Ive just been “upgraded” to private wealth. In truth I probably just about scrape through to meet their requirements.

Ive been going over my monthly expenses as everyone is needing to tighten their belt.

In particular I’ve looked at my banking fees costs, I dont fine these easy to read on online banking but when I download my statement Im paying about R400 a month on my personal account.

Considering I have a business account as well FNB is making R600 + on me a month.

I haven’t noticed anything new about being upgraded besides the card.

• I dont really pay close attention to earning points and ebucks so if these happen great
  • Airport lounge visits are great but the lounges are really over crowded so I dont feel special
  • Private banker take 24 / 48hrs to reply I have never met her, don't really consider this a “private” banker then.

Im really considering downgrading my account if thats possible to a simple gold account. My business account gets hammered R19 for every debit order.

Its my fault for really not paying attention to this stuff.

I think the mission of switching banks and bonds probably means I never will
Lol you are losing on ebucks if you dont pay attention 15% back against the bills paid and R4-R8 a liter back on petrol

Got another R1800 last month again not even trying.

jezzad

Expert Member
Lol you are losing on ebucks if you dont pay attention 15% back against the bills paid and R4-R8 a liter back on petrol

Got another R1800 last month again not even trying.

Yeah seems another good option is to actually care about ebucks and use those to write off the banking costs.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I helped guys switched from Nedbank to FNB in Feb 2020 (3 week later) ... level 5
Related to bonds (its who you know within the FNB HL network who knows what they are doing).

Matt91

Expert Member
When i went to Premier it was still second from the top in terms of the tiers, i see its now equivalent to a gold account on other banks and quite frankly i think its awesome I'd actually like to downgrade to gold but the hassle is just too "meh" for me right now.

jezzad

Expert Member
I helped guys switched from Nedbank to FNB in Feb 2020 (3 week later) ... level 5
Related to bonds (its who you know within the FNB HL network who knows what they are doing).

100% my home loan was declined first time round and then approved second time plus additional. I got hold of someone who cared and wanted to help.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
100% my home loan was declined first time round and then approved second time plus additional. I got hold of someone who cared and wanted to help.

Find out the facts why you were declined. But yes, a motivational letter helps alot.

NeedAChange

thats fair...

I don’t utilize eBucks and I’m not interested in home or car loans, as those I pay cash. My banker is only interested in peddling the latest and greatest products, but when it comes time for assistance he disappears.

for me, it’s not worth it.

One day when I am big . . .

zerocool2009

Executive Member
In the last few months my eyes opened up. Why have 22k points on level 5?

I can say I was very much “pro fnb”. Then I started closing accounts. Example, why have savings at 6% when I can get better products at 10%

I am now bare bone with fnb products, making sure I am level 5

For me its not on what product type you are, but the best and quickest channels (connections within fnb). Alot of guys say a personal banker is the best thing.

In short, he/she is a guy with a degree, and just the middle man, as they dont know every possible product rule. They will query on your behalf.

mrmrrza

It is harder to move up levels, but once there you get more.
I got significantly better home loan rates and bond applications in general once I moved.
The private banker went out of their way to make one of my applications work

Don't agree with this sentiment at all - RMB may be different but on the FNB side you are unlikely to see a difference.

syntax

Executive Member
Don't agree with this sentiment at all - RMB may be different but on the FNB side you are unlikely to see a difference.

Which part of it?
I posted that there is a GUARANTEED .25% reduction in any home loan rate they give you, if you deposit your salary into the RMB account.
That seems like a difference

I also have gotten significantly better interest rates off the bat since moving. Hard to know if I would have gotten that if I had stayed, but I can confirm Ive never gotten near the rates I do now before.
Additionally they went out of their way to make my last bond work.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
They call me weekly to upgrade and I keep telling them Im not interested.
Higher fees and no benefits to me.

blunt

Expert Member
They call me weekly to upgrade and I keep telling them Im not interested.
Higher fees and no benefits to me.
yep I got a call on Friday from a private banker wanting me to move over, he said he hears a lot of the same complaints but they have implemented measures to improve etc.

still not worth it for me

KTM300or950

Interesting to hear all different opinions. I am pro FNB and the eBucks is fantastic. Last 2 years flew twice to Europe and back, myself and wife all paid with eBucks. This year flown 2 twice double tickets (wife and I) JHB Cape rent Avis car twice for 8 days at time and all paid with eBucks. It is fairly easy to stay on level 5 PC account. If remember correctly that is why I went from PW to PC. PW more difficult to maintain level 5. EBucks definitely works for me.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Considering I do 100% on my credit card as I'm trying to build history, Engine is on the way home and is around R1k a month in petrol, all groceries are at Checkers as closest to my house, and I do all my payments and transfers via the app, it hasn't been difficult to already get to level 4 pretty quickly, level 5 looks like it will be impossible without me changing habits, but already covers account cost at ~R500 within the first month so not really too bothered as level 5 would mean increasing spending habits which defeats the purpose.

The "My Team of Bankers" feature has got to be one of the most useless things I've ever used though, all I tried was getting a copy of the contract I signed, took nearly an hour and went through 3 idiots that kept linking me either fnb.co.za homepage or one dude linked me the slow lounge, until I finally got a person that took 10 minutes to read ~5 scrolls of text that managed to send it to me. Doesn't help that the app auto logs out and then loses your entire side of the chat if the screen locks.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
You can only answer this yourself by comparing your spending habits on the ebucks calculator.