FNB Private client vs Private wealth

fruitbat

Expert Member
Care to share where you get most of these from? 3k is a lot, do you use their life products and airtime etc?
I used to get close to 2.5k as well until covid-19. My CC spend is a 3rd now, so it will be less. Shows how much crap the wife does for herself and the kids.
But it was - checkers, fuel, online stuff Teeny bit of life insurance.
Now they have 15% at clicks too.
just need to do some home work.

Snyper564

Executive Member
I used to get close to 2.5k as well until covid-19. My CC spend is a 3rd now, so it will be less. Shows how much crap the wife does for herself and the kids.
But it was - checkers, fuel, online stuff Teeny bit of life insurance.
Now they have 15% at clicks too.
just need to do some home work.
agreed go to the FNB tips page, get 2-2.5k a month used to be way more for the last three years.... Fuel alone I get almost R600 a month back...

Tman*

Expert Member
Getting back on topic: is it worth it to move from PC to PW:

It all came down to increased earning caps on ebucks for me, specially Checkers. ie, 3000pm vs 10 000pm

That alone gave me the ability to earn 10 000eb a month more on PW.

Other than that I got a huge reduction on CC rate and that's about it.

blunt

Expert Member
I just messaged the premier helpdesk and I'm 1307 in the queue..
How are the queues on the helpdesk / messaging on PC/PW?
Was no such thing when I was with PW and PC.

Snyper564

Executive Member
Best is when they respond at 3am and you sleeping and you wake up to sorry we couldn't help you

blunt

Expert Member
Best is when they respond at 3am and you sleeping and you wake up to sorry we couldn't help you
lol, yep. Lately 4 or 5 hours go by and it tells me my chat has been disconnected and I need to start again. I'm 546 in the queue now.

hellfire

Honorary Master
there will be 10s instead of thousands (and that's high levels due to COVID and cash flow relief queries)

CandyEvans553

I've been on PW and PC and went back to Premier. I haven't found any benefit to the "Private" ranges and the private bankers are pretty hopeless and slower to get an answer out of than the Premier helpdesk - at least from my experience.

Did your interest rates stay the same when you moved back?

blunt

Expert Member
Did your interest rates stay the same when you moved back?
yes but they gave me crappy interest rates on my CC to begin with so it's not saying much.

My homeloan interest rate is fairly decent and that hasn't changed based on my downgrade.

blunt

Expert Member
I've been on PW and PC and went back to Premier. I haven't found any benefit to the "Private" ranges and the private bankers are pretty hopeless and slower to get an answer out of than the Premier helpdesk - at least from my experience.

I think FNB has noticed people saying that Premier is better than Private and have subsequently made the Premier helpdesk completely impossible to get a hold of and when you do, totally useless.

I've been asking for a rerate on my CC for over a month now and they either just simply dont reply or i've just gotten an email telling me they tried to call me and I should email the credit card department; when I phoned them a month ago and they said they've logged the query with the CC department to do the rerate and it'd be done in 2 weeks.

:eek:

wonduhboy

With the new rules kicking in, it looks like it's slightly easier to make PW.
Anything other than the higher caps at Checkers that can it worth the extra R100 bank fees?

roskii

After trying out PC in early 2019 and subsequently dropping 2 ebucks levels, I went back to Premier (easy for me to maintain level 5 earning around 7-8k ebucks a month on Premier)

I now got a call on Friday from one of the private bankers. They offering 3 months of PC at the Premier rate. Got told they've overhauled PC due to all the negative feedback they had been receiving. This is their big 'comeback'.

Anyone here recently moved over to PC and has seen that it is actually worthwhile? I guess there is no harm in trying again for 3 months.

I do find that getting assistance on Premier is becoming more and more of a nightmare.

momo786

After trying out PC in early 2019 and subsequently dropping 2 ebucks levels, I went back to Premier (easy for me to maintain level 5 earning around 7-8k ebucks a month on Premier)

I now got a call on Friday from one of the private bankers. They offering 3 months of PC at the Premier rate. Got told they've overhauled PC due to all the negative feedback they had been receiving. This is their big 'comeback'.

Anyone here recently moved over to PC and has seen that it is actually worthwhile? I guess there is no harm in trying again for 3 months.

I do find that getting assistance on Premier is becoming more and more of a nightmare.

Similar story on my side - downgraded to Premier recently from PC.

When I compared the two options, the additional "benefits" on PC didn't justify double the fee (R400 PC vc R200 Premier) for me. And the Private Bankers didn't add much value over that last couple of years that I was on PC.

Two "interesting" things from my downgrade journey:
- after downgrading, I got a call from another Private Banker to introduce herself and say welcome to Private Banking?? So I just explained that I downgraded from Premier as I didn't see much value from PC.
- when I called the Premier line to query something, I got re-routed to the Private Wealth line. Was told that as I qualify for PW, I will be routed to them automatically even if I call Premier, and they will assist even though I'd need to upgrade to PW to enjoy all the benefits.

Haven't yet received any offer to try out PC for 3 months.

I'll look at the costs / benefits of PC and PW when they publish their new schedules next year, but I still maintain that if you want or need Private Banking, go with Investec.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
I'm currently on PC, how strict are they for PW with the salary requirement of 1.5 million p.a.? Based on my actual salary i fall short of that target. If i'm doing forex trading and i have an extra 1.5 million p.a. coming into my account will that count in order for me to qualify?

e.g. If i have an extra 100k coming into my Fusion account each month, but more or less the same amount is going out as well, do they turn a blind eye and view me as earning well over the 1.5 million p.a. required?

JayM

Expert Member
I'm currently on PC, how strict are they for PW with the salary requirement of 1.5 million p.a.? Based on my actual salary i fall short of that target. If i'm doing forex trading and i have an extra 1.5 million p.a. coming into my account will that count in order for me to qualify?

e.g. If i have an extra 100k coming into my Fusion account each month, but more or less the same amount is going out as well, do they turn a blind eye and view me as earning well over the 1.5 million p.a. required?

So long as you average over R60K worth of deposits into your account p/m, that is sufficient to qualify. Alternatively you can keep a balance of R100K in the account, but with the removal of the fee waiver option, that's not really viable anymore.