• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

FNB safety deposit box heist victims are suing for R121 million

eg2505

Honorary Master
Pretty sure they store whatever you place in said safety box.
maybe Im asking a noob question then,
if you buy krugerrands, and place them in FNB care, do they get stored in such a safety deposit box.
or do you specifically need to take out a safety deposit box, and if thats uninsured, tough luck?

@Solarion
Ive already got a place to store my micro-uzi and my EMP device:cool:

gamer16

Expert Member
if you buy krugerrands, and place them in FNB care, do they get stored in such a safety deposit box.
or do you specifically need to take out a safety deposit box, and if thats uninsured, tough luck?

@Solarion
I've always thought that these safety deposit boxes are private ie you get left alone with your box and if you want to store a gift card, some gold or a carb for a 68 Chevy it doesn't matter as the bank doesn't know what you store there.

Mrlepen

I've always thought that these safety deposit boxes are private ie you get left alone with your box and if you want to store a gift card, some gold or a carb for a 68 Chevy it doesn't matter as the bank doesn't know what you store there.
That's what I thought too it's private

Visser

@Solarion
No, FNB does not keep physical Krugerrands.

When you buy one through them, they actually place and order with and pay the Mint. No Krugerrand is really issued, until you ask to take physical delivery of one.

Also, if you look at FNB's terms, the moment you take physical delivery, you cannot return it to them.