FNB smartphone and tablet deal to continue

Thurnie

I would rather want my bank to remain a bank - that's their priority - no taking their eye off the ball..
Not a retail store that behaves like a bank :/

Yuu

Executive Member
Thats a helluva lot of sales, well done to FNB :D, now give us more options = more sales :p

rph72

Executive Member
I want to get a SGS2 before June when my contact comes up for renewal. Hopefully it will be cheaper by then.

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
I would rather want my bank to remain a bank - that's their priority - no taking their eye off the ball..
Not a retail store that behaves like a bank :/
Don't think they have taken their eye of the ball, IMO this whole tablet deal is the most creative piece of marketing we have seen in a long time. You're welcome to read the full terms and conditions but these are the bits that stood out to me :

Early Settlement
If you decide to or have to pay for the device before the end of the 24 month period (early settlement) you will become responsible to pay FNB the full retail selling price of the device.
They not only have this line in the terms and conditions but also pointed this out to me while ordering my iPad. It's no big deal really, it just means people are going to think twice before leaving FNB which basically guarantees them your business for the next two years.

• You must register for FNB Online Banking.
This along with the bit that I'm allowed two ATM withdrawals per month leads people to move less physical money around, which in tern saves the bank money.

At the end of the day they have managed to draw a serious amount of customers and lock them in while giving them an awesome deal. This is one of the very rare Win-Win scenarios we tend to see less and less of in our country. It's nice to see a company do something that not only draws new customers, but also gives existing customers something to smile about.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Any indication if FNB is going to add the iPhone 4s to their line up? Cant wait to dump Vodacom and their crumbling BIS.

pezulu

Expert Member
Any indication if FNB is going to add the iPhone 4s to their line up? Cant wait to dump Vodacom and their crumbling BIS.
It is not just Vodacom BIS that is crumbling. The whole RIM cookie is crumbling.

mcryan

Expert Member
Anyone know if they might be selling the Trasformer Prime? Dying to get one... :D

Keeper

Honorary Master
has anyone installed the FNB iPad App? can anyone tell me about that?

kayvee

Expert Member
Don't know about y'all but I am sick of their crummy advertising. Banks should stick to core banking. Just my R 0.02.

xeslaro

Executive Member
has anyone installed the FNB iPad App? can anyone tell me about that?
I have. Never used it though, with a jail broken device, I will never know what scripts are running in the background, if any. I Feel pretty safe using the app on my blackberry. As far as I can see, the apps are identical, you will be required to log-in using a web browser to authenticate the iPad FNB app.

tnero

I have. Never used it though, with a jail broken device, I will never know what scripts are running in the background, if any. I Feel pretty safe using the app on my blackberry. As far as I can see, the apps are identical, you will be required to log-in using a web browser to authenticate the iPad FNB app.
Hmmm never thought about the JB risk... Living on the edge!