FNB walks back on its decision to block you from saving your password in your browser

Ninja'd

A Djinn
“The use of this type of software for your banking is strongly discouraged as it places the user at a high risk of introducing malicious software onto their device. Alternatively, it also places users at an increased risk of phishing.
If the mouthbreathers can't bother to remember passwords their then let them get taken for a ride.

Last edited:

Arthur

Honorary Master
If the mouthbreathers can't bother to remember their then let them get taken for a ride.
Truth be told, there's a reason I use computers. They can do all sort of mindless grunt work like pivot my tables and remember my passwords. This in no way means I abdicate responsibility for preserving the security of my information, any more than using a car means I abjure my legs.

krycor

Honorary Master
Have to wonder who was the person who didn’t realize how people use their website and what % of people use password managers

Reminds me of the Vodacom Fibre YouTube ad (paid, so it shows up randomly).. the marketer & ad exec team that placed the only Vodacom logo under the place where skip add + timer shows should be fired!
Only reason I know it’s Vodacom is because I wanted to know which company was dumb enough to approve it

pnagel

FNB seems to be backtracking on the decision to backtrack.

As of this morning, FNB online banking gives me a big warning screen again whenever I log in using 1Password. If I type my password manually, they don't show the screen.

They're not blocking me from logging in, but last round the pasted password block was also foreshadowed by the introduction of the warning screen.

Arthur

Honorary Master
I suspect a big part of the decision to revoke the previous decision is that from Monday tens of thousands of businesses were unable to import their bank transactions into their accounting systems using the bank feeds feature.

Cius

Executive Member
FNB does a lot of stupid stuff that irritates customers. My wife is having WW3 with them as the company credit card she has to use to run the business just got replaced and the new card is unusable. What is the point of bringing your new card via courier if the card you get is so useless you have to go in anyways to get it activated and working for purchases online? She spent an hour on the phone trying to sort it with no success. She tells the directors every chance she gets that she wants to change banks as the hassles are endless with FNB.