FNB will no longer email your bank statement - Here's why

Louis72

"protection"
Still better than FnFail that had no Striata or PDF protection attempt on emailed statements :ROFL: Now you cant even get a statement from a year ago without paying a fee. Who is robbing who?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Search works 100% in gmail.
Try searching for a transaction in the Banking app.
Try finding a statement from 2016 on the Banking app - I have my statements going back to 2010 (protected with 2FA on gmail)
As an aside: 22Seven.

Create a read only profile on FNB and use that on your 22Seven profile, it will auto categorize and you can then filter (and change the categories as it does mess up at times, though generally it's been good for me).
Have used it to find old transactions before when some dude tried to say I hadn't paid 2 years ago, think he was banking on the fact that it would be a huge effort to find the info for it.

3WA

Executive Member

Create a read only profile on FNB and use that on your 22Seven profile, it will auto categorize and you can then filter (and change the categories as it does mess up at times, though generally it's been good for me).
Have used it to find old transactions before when some dude tried to say I hadn't paid 2 years ago, think he was banking on the fact that it would be a huge effort to find the info for it.
I also use 22Seven and love it, but you still want your statements for if SARS ever audits you or something.

krycor

Honorary Master

Yup been using for years if not approaching a decade. Always fun to travel back in time and see my expenses as a single living on own.. but i digress. In the above situation you would need the bank statement to prove it.. 22Seven I'm not certain can be regarded as 'evidence' as such if required more than just 'see transaction happened'.

Daruk

Honorary Master
One of the advantages of online platforms is that they have the potential to shift the administrative burden onto the customer, thereby saving the company money. This development is simply a progression on this business strategy.
Well I'd agree if they don't bill you for a 4 month old statement.

Neo_X

Expert Member
In the downloads folder?
yes it might be there.... but i have and will never consider the "downloads" folder on my phone that might be stolen any minute as secure?!?!
now the extra pain to movie it to secure cloud storage at the correct monthly date, which is probably different for every account.

sorry FNB - you are not winning any points here

McT

The Humble Scot!
“At FNB, we are dedicated to offering you services that make the way you bank more convenient, saving you time and money,” the bank said in the email.
What utter hogwash!

More convenient ≠ having to go find the statement
More convenient = the statement is emailed to me

Saving you time ≠ having to go find the statement

Sorry FNB, this time your PR bombs out badly.

The only saving and convenience that FNB cares about is their back pocket, and not me the customer.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
when institutions now ask for previous 3 bank statements what do we do now?
this is stupid

FNB

you suck !

Suspect99

Executive Member
I just checked on the app and I can go back further than a year and they all say "free" now. Has anyone else tried?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I just checked on the app and I can go back further than a year and they all say "free" now. Has anyone else tried?
If they're all free then this solution is OK... Not great or really wanted, but it's OK.

OK just checked... Last year seems to be free now.... Beyond that you pay.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
agree
**** you FNB
i have been with you since the 80s with my Bob T card and now you drop this **** on me
**** you a million times over !!!!!!!

If You're In Your 30s, You'll Love This #bobjunior #bobt ...'re In Your 30s, You'll Love This #bobjunior #bobt ...
Benita? Pappa Smurf is actually a Smurfette?

Edit: And that surname (Bar??) totally explains a lot more!! LOL.

system32

Expert Member
Trying now... Banking App is up, can see my balances, lets try Statements spin, spin, spin... can't connect...
Let me try gmail - Oh look gmail works - statements going back to 2010....

rsfriend

where is that on my iPhone?
Not the easiest but this is what you need to do:
- Find the statement in the app you want to download
- Hit the download icon, which disappears after the download completes
- Select the statement to open it
- Hit the Share icon (little box with the upward arrow top right)
- Scroll down to "Save to Files" - select the location and save
- Open the Files app and find the statement in the folder selected etc.
Soooo much easier than getting emailed a statement... /s