Food shortages expected in South Africa after looting in KZN and Gauteng

TedLasso

Expert Member
Jeepers. Fock. Been applying for passports. Decided it’s time to leave this wonderful country permanently . I got young kids to worry about and what misplaced faith, I had for the future of this country, was utterly eradicated in the last few days. it will never ever get better.

I am not even directly affected , yet I am so depressed and sad for all those innocents whose lives and futures have been destroyed. If the people who are responsible for this anarchy are not given the death penalty (yeah i know), this **** is going to lead us the way of our neighbour.

Mekon

Expert Member
Was reading some comments on some Daily Mail article about Zuma and some shyte for brains people commenting on the fat toad being the best leader SA ever had and defending what is going on. Sometimes I have no hope for this country

lived666

Executive Member
checkers and woolies in my area (kyalami) empty - just a few odds and ends but shelves bare - managed to get eggs and a few things but rice, milk, bread, flour, cooldrinks, meat all empty.

namzsteve

Expert Member
Was reading some comments on some Daily Mail article about Zuma and some shyte for brains people commenting on the fat toad being the best leader SA ever had and defending what is going on. Sometimes I have no hope for this country

Those that benefited in his era will say that, others benefiting with ramapoes will he is the best. Natives in KZN will definitely support their own

TedLasso

Expert Member
checkers and woolies in my area (kyalami) empty - just a few odds and ends but shelves bare - managed to get eggs and a few things but rice, milk, bread, flour, cooldrinks, meat all empty.
I decided to take leave today as my mind wasn't fit for work. Went to Bryanston. Woolies shelves for essentials were empty around the time I was there around 9am. Checkers was full stock and they were loading shelves. Bought 2.6K worth of stuff . Bought things for our domestic too as she stays in Alex and she told us there is nothing left. All stores destroyed. Now wondering how she is going to take it. With the fuel shortage (garages around me are all dry) don't even know if I will be able to organise an Uber for her when she next comes to work for us.

berrypi

is this the SABC conspiracy to have a national levy to licensing being applied?

the ironic thing.. they gonna ask for extension of the covid relief funds...

RedViking

Nord of the South
And it is articles like this why you should stock up, panic buy, and leave nothing for the person next to you. Make sure your family is fat. Your doors are locked. And hide. Eat and hide. When the shops open, rob it with your wallet. Spit on the person next to you. Shop till you can't push that trolley anymore. Panic!

crysis

Expert Member
they can come try... many many communities will not be as "polite as the police" ....
No, I mean will the WC feel any food shortages from whats happening in KZN, for instance our food reserves going to them etc?

garyc

Expert Member
The Woolworths in my area (PTA East) had stocked shelves today and relatively few people inside. The petrol stations however have long lines of cars filling up.

Quicks

Expert Member
Someone told me today a loaf of bread in the townships is going for R30. These guys really know how to shoot themselves in the foot. They will have to sell all those 58" TV's just afford a loaf of bread soon and no-one will be buying as many will be without jobs.

Vorastra

Executive Member
Hence the panic buying. The local Pick n Pay was the fullest I have ever seen it. Never seen a line outside it like that before.
Is it panic buying or because all the bloody shops have been burnt down so everyone has to go to your PnP.

Thor

Honorary Master
Hence the panic buying. The local Pick n Pay was the fullest I have ever seen it. Never seen a line outside it like that before.
Tygervalley pick 'n pay was fuller now than in the height of covid, people are panicking.