Football banter thread

The Voice

Executive Member
Yikes. Am sure there's gonna be some sort of appeal
Thoroughly deserved, and a long time coming. They'll definitely appeal, but not sure if anything will come of it.

Something like a couple million pound fine is easier to overturn because for them because it means the charge isn't that serious. But 2 years out of Europe (worth hundreds of millions in combined qualification bonuses and advertising revenue) as well as a 30 million fine means UEFA found some seriously dodgy **** hidden away.

It also means that 4th/5th spot has suddenly become worth a LOT more. Sheffield United in the CL?!

greg0205

Honorary Master
In case I haven't mentioned it in this thread yet... Fsck daylight saving time.

Two weeks without footie, and we kick off at 10pm on a Friday night.

Also, c'mon Nuno!

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Thoroughly deserved, and a long time coming. They'll definitely appeal, but not sure if anything will come of it.

Something like a couple million pound fine is easier to overturn because for them because it means the charge isn't that serious. But 2 years out of Europe (worth hundreds of millions in combined qualification bonuses and advertising revenue) as well as a 30 million fine means UEFA found some seriously dodgy **** hidden away.

It also means that 4th/5th spot has suddenly become worth a LOT more. Sheffield United in the CL?!
I like that thought. The Blades are my 2nd team.

But that place is reserved for United. Probably why this ruling was put in place. ;)

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master

Also, c'mon Nuno!
I'm a bit conflicted here. I like Wolves, but want Leicester to continue to be that itch Pep can't get rid of. Imagine City ending on 3rd place an no Champions League next season

So I guess I'm for Leicester here

greg0205

Honorary Master
I like that thought. The Blades are my 2nd team.

But that place is reserved for United. Probably why this ruling was put in place. ;)
This is the correct response. If United manage to sneak fifth, here's how it plays out:

Pep leaves City, City get Poch, United keep Ole because CL.

Ole stays at United.

Stays at United.

Stays.

Everyone else wins. :D

greg0205

Honorary Master
I'm a bit conflicted here. I like Wolves, but want Leicester to continue to be that itch Pep can't get rid of. Imagine City ending on 3rd place an no Champions League next season

So I guess I'm for Leicester here
For most folk that's exactly right... I can't help looking at it through my Liverpool glasses 'tho.

The Voice

Executive Member

Also, c'mon Nuno!
Dunno what you're complaining about. It's not even 9PM yet.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master