Football banter thread

KOPITE

Executive Member
Hehe. Fair enough dude. I got to be honest, the only reason I haven't congratulated you chaps on a superb season, and a totally deserved trophy, is because of one certain member here.

Which is actually ridiculous if I think about it.

Let me correct the error of my ways.
I guess that you talking bout me :unsure:

L-Dog

Expert Member
Next season should be great, Liverpool and Man City will be at it again with more pressure from Man U and Chelsea. Doubt anyone else can really compete unless wolves or Leicester make a some good signings.

The Voice

Executive Member
Hehe. Fair enough dude. I got to be honest, the only reason I haven't congratulated you chaps on a superb season, and a totally deserved trophy, is because of one certain member here.

Which is actually ridiculous if I think about it.

Let me correct the error of my ways.
Tbh, I think it's because of people like that certain member that so many fans of other teams were so against Liverpool winning the title. I think people like that member are referred to as sore winners.

cenredash

Expert Member
I beg to differ - City is used to playing without fans in the stadium - it's not called the Emptyhad for nothing :ROFL:

As for the goals, yeah, I don't really give a **** about the loss - the season is done for me - out of all the cups, so nothing to play for beyond seeing the youngsters, newbies and injury returns get up to speed - so just basking in the glory of number 19 and hoping we can do it again next season.
Both things can be true. Liverpool was humiliated, and there's no sense in talking about what might have been 4-3 or 3-4, because it wasn't. If anything, we're the champions of what if this season. Okay, maybe runners up, but as i said, you can be humiliated, and you could honestly not care, i wouldn't.

Because exactly as you've said. I've enjoyed our goal difference title wins as much as "record" point/game title wins with x games to spare. They all feel good, the close ones maybe more, because of the feeling right at the end, compared to the going up 3 0 at half time and knowing you'll close out the game.

The fact that anyone would takes this banter seriously as a liverpool fan, actually says more about them as liverpool fans.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Both things can be true. Liverpool was humiliated, and there's no sense in talking about what might have been 4-3 or 3-4, because it wasn't. If anything, we're the champions of what if this season. Okay, maybe runners up, but as i said, you can be humiliated, and you could honestly not care, i wouldn't.

Because exactly as you've said. I've enjoyed our goal difference title wins as much as "record" point/game title wins with x games to spare. They all feel good, the close ones maybe more, because of the feeling right at the end, compared to the going up 3 0 at half time and knowing you'll close out the game.

The fact that anyone would takes this banter seriously as a liverpool fan, actually says more about them as liverpool fans.
Not really into the whole 'bantz' culture to be honest - I have many friends and colleagues who support Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs (poor bastards) and while we poke fun, we're all respectful of each other - maybe that comes with age...

cenredash

Expert Member
Not really into the whole 'bantz' culture to be honest - I have many friends and colleagues who support Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs (poor bastards) and while we poke fun, we're all respectful of each other - maybe that comes with age...
Not really into the bantz culture, but i see you hold your own. I prefer friendly, or smart banter ... or just ribbing, but there's stupid nasty stuff that goes on, even in here, that I just don't get/like.

Enjoy the trophy. Its going to be a lot closer next year. Hope this ages .... well.

KOPITE

Executive Member
It's called smart banter, i can take a few punches, but to a limit. I don't appreciate low blows or blatant ignorance.

Give credit where it's due, of course LFC were not going to be at their horses and City up for it when we won the title by a record margin.

I guess we all surprised by the margin of victory. Believe me Kloppo will be waiting for the Charity Cup and the 1st league meeting again next time.

TBH i just think City and Chelsea will be able to compete with us, no disrespect to you, but your team is another 2/3 years behind.

Splinter

Honorary Master
/snip
TBH i just think City and Chelsea will be able to compete with us, no disrespect to you, but your team is another 2/3 years behind.
Oh, I beg to differ. This is a resurgent United team. And a very young one as well. I would love for us to have been facing Liverpool again in the next few games.

The Voice

Executive Member
I haven't watched any football since the restart. Is the weird fake crowd thing still a thing?
It is. Some stations allow you to turn it off. I watched most of the Arsenal vs Liverpool game with it turned off. Was amazed at how powerful VVD's voice was. That boy knows how to martial his defenders (when he's not gifting us goals).

cenredash

Expert Member
It is. Some stations allow you to turn it off. I watched most of the Arsenal vs Liverpool game with it turned off. Was amazed at how powerful VVD's voice was. That boy knows how to martial his defenders (when he's not gifting us goals).
I don't understand the VAR rules at all. The way Van Dijk was bullied by that Reiss Nelson, practically dragging him off the ball (low centre of gravity at 1.75m compared to the 1.94m of Van Dijk) to set up the first goal.

Van Dijk had every right to complain to the referee. Physical mismatches like that shouldn't be allowed in football.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
The relegation battle is still on.
Norwich is definitely down.

Watford, Bournemouth and Villa still to be decided

cenredash

Expert Member
No other place to say this, but I'm surprised that the FA cup semi is on sabc3 stream on YouTube. Interestong.