Forced lockdown or mandated vaccines?

Which would you prefer if these were your only two choices?

• Forced lockdown for everyone

Votes: 56 24.5%
  • Forced vaccination for everyone

Votes: 173 75.5%

• Total voters

Dolby

Honorary Master

... and this annoys me :

This is a family member that urgently needed a lifesaving non-Covid related operation. Already, the hospitals are full of unvaccinated (by choice) individuals already and they've needed to setup a satellite high care room.

And the unvaccinated laugh at this situation ?
They don't care about any one else's rights, but expect us to respect theirs ?
And they still want medical aid to cover their hospital treatment ?

And the sad thing is that most of them have no clue why they do it . As @Fulcrum29 says, f**k the system and rebelling is cool regardless who else suffers

Attachments

• 1638453666105.png
    1638453666105.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

daveza

Honorary Master
You know that feeling when you wonder if you are indeed crazy and everyone else is sane ?

Well, I feel much better after seeing this -

1638454764235.png

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
... and this annoys me :

This is a family member that urgently needed a lifesaving non-Covid related operation. Already, the hospitals are full of unvaccinated (by choice) individuals already and they've needed to setup a satellite high care room.

My sincere sympathies. I hope said person gets the deserved medical treatment and care, and recovers within good time.

And the unvaccinated laugh at this situation ?

Uhm, who is laughing?

They don't care about any one else's rights, but expect us to respect theirs ?

We have equal rights, no one is in the position to discriminate.

And they still want medical aid to cover their hospital treatment ?

Terms and conditions, did the agreement change?

And the sad thing is that most of them have no clue why they do it . As @Fulcrum29 says, f**k the system and rebelling is cool regardless who else suffers

Now you are talking horseschit to advance your goals.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
You know that feeling when you wonder if you are indeed crazy and everyone else is sane ?

Well, I feel much better after seeing this -

View attachment 1205870
I find it confusing how both of these options need to apply to everyone?
Officially:
- 5% of the entire population South African got Covid
- Of this 5%, 96% have recovered.
- Of this 5%, 4% have died.

But everyone must submit, or else.

Fsck off.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I find it confusing how both of these options need to apply to everyone?
Officially:
- 5% of the entire population South African got Covid
- Of this 5%, 96% have recovered.
- Of this 5%, 4% have died.

But everyone must submit, or else.

Fsck off.

My only view on this, should the vaccine mandate be accepted within the Constitutional mandate, then people shouldn't cry when other mandates are argued in the same vein. There are people with other social interests who want this to happen so that they are enabled to advance their own social mandates within the Constitutional mandate. The Constitutional pendulum can be realigned.

As I previously said, this is the main reason why I am against this vaccine mandate. In this context, it is not about the vaccine, public health, but the merits.

Dolby

Honorary Master
My sincere sympathies. I hope said person gets the deserved medical treatment and care, and recovers within good time.

Appreciated
Uhm, who is laughing?

They didn't laugh at my case as it hadn't happened yet - but when I showed them articles of people dying and being turned away because of full hospitals, they just joked and said the hospital should have prepared better and other underhanded insults. Zero f**ks given about anyone else
We have equal rights, no one is in the position to discriminate.
I agree - but they're under the impression that *if* we did a mandatory vaccine, we'd be infringing on their rights and the constitution would support them. No thought process as to the rights of others as well. It's not acut & dry thing - as you say, we all have rights that need be respected .
Terms and conditions, did the agreement change?
Well, like I pointed, if they believe in the 2% death rate and have chosen to reject the vaccine - then simply put, they need to pay for their assistance . But no one wants that :
  • They want to choose NOT to get vaccinated
  • Cause others to be pushed away from the hospitals because they're clogging
  • Prefer not to give up their beds to other emergency clients / vaccinated clients
  • Possibly push my medical aid rates up 2022/2023 (watch this space ...)

Now you are talking horseschit to advance your goals.

You're the close to giving an answer, and the answer was about choice . Others couldn't really answer why they didn't want it, other than ... they don't want it / f**k the government

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
whats 4% of 60 million ? chump change hey.
What's being ruled by totalitarian dictatorship worth? Chump change? 4% of 60 million?

Go ask the 20 million plus murdered under Stalin or the 30 million plus murdered under Chairman Mao.

The answer to this problem is not laws.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
My only view on this, should the vaccine mandate be accepted within the Constitutional mandate, then people shouldn't cry when other mandates are argued in the same vein. There are people with other social interests who want this to happen so that they are enabled to advance their own social mandates within the Constitutional mandate. The Constitutional pendulum can be realigned.

As I previously said, this is the main reason why I am against this vaccine mandate. In this context, it is not about the vaccine, public health, but the merits.
The same people who are celebrating the concept of mandatory vaccinations are concerned about EWC of private property.

They forget that Cyril also promised EWC won't happen, just like he promised nobody will be forced to take the Covid vaccine.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
well no not in this hypothetical scenario there isn't. That's the point.

Thanks, Harvey:

“What are your choices when someone puts a gun to your head? You take the gun, or you pull out a bigger one. Or, you call their bluff. Or, you do any of a hundred and forty six other things.”

porchrat

Honorary Master
Thanks, Harvey.
It's a hypothetical scenario in which you have to pick between one or the other.

If you're so wrapped up in your world that you can't even place yourself into a hypothetical scenario and play within those rules then perhaps rather just ignore the thread.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
It's a hypothetical scenario in which you have to pick between one or the other.

If you're so wrapped up in your world that you can't even place yourself into a hypothetical scenario and play within those rules then perhaps rather just ignore the thread.
If you are so wrapped up in your world that you can't see another way out of a hypothetical scenario, you may be the one in trouble here.

Geddit? It's hypothetical. It's like Kirk beating the Kobayashi Maru.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
89 871 covid deaths, population 60 million. = 0.149% died

Stop with the fear mongering.
This is only the massive problem it is because the ANC government, together with big business, spent billions on Covid vaccines that 80% of the population are refusing to take.

I'd be upset too; they've been duped.

porchrat

Honorary Master
If you are so wrapped up in your world that you can't see another way out of a hypothetical scenario, you may be the one in trouble here.
It's rigidly defined. You've been given your options. You don't get to make up new rules. In this scenario the government has said it's one or the other and you state your preference between those 2. That's the entire point. Nothing more, nothing less.

alanB

Amazing how group tyranny is unleashed by a small amount of media fear mongering.

Have you ever asked yourself how death camps ran for years just outside "respectable" villages during WW2? Where supposedly decent people coexisted with facilities designed to get rid of people, on industrial scales, in the most efficient way possible?

How did that sort of situation come to be? How is that even possible?

Well this thread answers that question IMO.

We are on a very bad path. Stop allowing the media to manipulate your every emotion and thought. Start thinking for yourself.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
It's rigidly defined. You've been given your options. You don't get to make up new rules. In this scenario the government has said it's one or the other and you state your preference between those 2. That's the entire point. Nothing more, nothing less.
So, exactly like the Kobayashi Maru? Which could be beaten. Right. Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

There are 146 ways to skin a cat in hypothetical land, geddit?

Maybe thinking outside the box just isn't for you.

I recommend https://books.google.co.za/books/ab...c6jocC&source=kp_book_description&redir_esc=y it'll blow you away.