Forced to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocilah

Banned
i was once on this smurf forum... hence my fear for smurfs... and there was a mutiny against papa smurf. (he was bust doing naughty things to smurfette). anyway brainy smurf had this fab idea of censoring some posts that were made about papa smurf. (brainy smurf is a f4g and was in love with papa smurf)...

anyway grumpy smurf got all grumpy about the whole situation and him and gangsta smurf decided to gang rape all the smurfs... and in the end there were these little dead blue smurf bodies everywhere... apparently gargamel came at THAT moment and with the smurfs in complete dissarray, he managed to finally conquer the smurf empire and restored order to the land of... where exactly was that again.

i just thought i would add a reprise to this thread :D

nocilah

Banned
slimothy said:
wait... I'm gangsta smurf right?
nahh this story has nothing to do with myadsl... but if you want you can be gangsta smurf...

i would love to know who chooses to be brainy smurf :D

munwaal

halicon said:
nahh this story has nothing to do with myadsl... but if you want you can be gangsta smurf...

i would love to know who chooses to be brainy smurf :D

Why.. Kei of course... oh wait - he's gone..

Last edited:

mbs

Expert Member
... there is no truth in the rumour that any forumite is of smurf origin, despite all the screaming and shouting at being unfairly treated until blue in the face...

Emjay

Executive Member
mbs said:
... there is no truth in the rumour that any forumite is of smurf origin, despite all the screaming and shouting at being unfairly treated until blue in the face...
Haha

alacos

Legal Expert
PeeVee said:
Fact is that Slim's information was published on a website by another member who called himself a "valued MYADSL lawyer". He then proceeded to threaten Slim very publicly, and allthough there were complaints about it, nothing publicly had been done other than the Mods (BTTB & antowan) ridiculing Slimothy and Kei about it. I suggest these same mods publish their personal details for all to see. The fact that Michael Alachouzos publishes his name is his CHOICE. Fact is: Slim did not have a choice. Yes, the details were removed by alacos, but I think the reason for that would be because of the CHOICE thing and the fact that alacos realised that it constituted a gross invasion of privacy, something a court and the Bar would look very unfavourable on.
slimothy said:
I never revealed my phone number on this forum and the phone number was published ON THIS WEBSITE, only later was it put on a website and linked. Honestly I have said it like 15 times and it still isn't getting through to you. The sonner you can just accept it happened the sooner we can forget about the whole issue.
Apropos of the above quotes (both of which contain allusions to things supposedly said or done by me), I would like to place on record the following:

1. Nowhere on this or any other website have I ever called myself a "valued MYADSL lawyer". On a website page of my own which is linked to one of my postings in another thread here, I have said that I am "one of the lawyers on the forum" -- which merely means that I am one of a number of MyADSL members who happen to be lawyers and who therefore sometimes try (on a voluntary basis) to help with legal issues arising on, or concerning, the forum. It is for others -- not me -- to judge whether any attempts made by me to help in this way are of value. I have no contractual relationship (as a lawyer) with MyADSL, and have nowhere claimed to have any. I am not an employee or professional representative of MyADSL.

2. I have in fact just done a search of all postings (excluding ones in deleted threads to which I do not have access) for references which I may have made to myself as a "MyADSL lawyer" (whether valued or not). I found only one such reference (amongst 88 postings by me) -- and that reference (which I have now deleted just in case it may convey the idea of a contractual relationship of some sort where none in fact exists) was made within the context of an appeal to MyADSL members with certain sorts of professional skill to volunteer their help/time in service of a particular investigative project having to do with Telkom. Given the context, no intelligent reader of the relevant posting would (in my view) have interpreted it as containing any claim on my part to be a MyADSL lawyer otherwise than in the sense of my being a MyADSL member who happens also to be a lawyer.

3. I see that there are also references to me (on this forum) as being "a very distinguished lawyer" (slimothy) and one of "3 famous myadsl lawyers" (Peapod, as quoted by slimothy). These, however, are other people's descriptions of me. They are, of course, flattering -- but, in my view, sadly inaccurate. In any event, I am not responsible for them.

4. I have not "threaten[ed] Slim very publicly" (or, really, at all), and I deny having committed any gross invasion of his privacy. I take very great exception indeed to the suggestion that I have said or done anything, as a member of this forum, in respect of which any court or professional association would have sensible reason to subject me to censure.

5. For what it is worth, I do not know whether slimothy's phone number has ever been published ON THIS WEBSITE (as he claims) -- but if it has then the publication was not by me.

Michael Alachouzos

Last edited:

AdLo

Expert Member
alacos said:
5. For what it is worth, I do not know whether slimothy's phone number has ever been published ON THIS WEBSITE (as he claims) -- but if it has then the publication was not by me.
alacos, in your previous post in this thread you said:
alacos said:
The page also included a (now-deleted) "hidden message" (beginning "Hi, punk!" and addressed to slimothy) in the HTML source code -- which you could only see either by examining the code itself or by selecting the empty space at the bottom of the page with your mouse -- which slimothy is now (it seems) particularly upset about. But what is really upsetting him (I think) is not that that message was threatening (it wasn't) or that it disclosed his "personal details" (phone number), but that it made fun of him by inviting him to contact me personally and then going on to say "Alternatively, you could just go to bed early and play with yourself"! And that, no doubt, bruised his enormous ego a bit: it was meant to.

For that, in all of the circumstances, I make no apology. It was naughty of me, no doubt. But aren't lawyers also entitled to take the mickey sometimes?
From this it sounds like you say his telephone number was published on your website. Is this correct?

I did visit your personal website and it contained the following message that you acknowledge posting.
Hi, punk. If you want, you can phone me on 072 XXX XXXX. No, sorry, that's wrong, I meant (011) XXX XXXX. Alternatively, you could just go to bed early and play with yourself."
Was the first cellular number your number or slimothy's and if it was slimothy's where did you get it from? :confused:

alacos

Legal Expert
AdLo, I can see no contradiction at all bewteen point 5 of my last post in this thread (as quoted by you above) and anything said in the previous post of mine which you have referred to.

Slimothy and I have (I think) made our peace about anything which ever appeared on any website of mine. But slimothy has, it seems, a separate grievance against the moderators of this forum in respect of their failure (or alleged failure) to delete a phone number of his as published (apparently) on this website (i.e. not mine but the MyADSL one).

The moderators have pointed out that they have, in any event, no control over the contents of third-party websites (including mine). But slimothy's complaint against them is that they do have control over this one and that they have -- or so he thinks -- demonstrated bias or unfairness against him by failing to delete from this website the posting here which (he says) contained his telephone number. I know of no such posting, and if there ever was one it wasn't a posting by me -- that's all.

Michael Alachouzos

PS: I am currently in the middle of very serious litigation against Telkom which I will be unable to pursue successfully if I have to spend any more time examining "off topic" MyADSL threads in order to see what new accusations therein I am called upon to defend myself against or reply to. So if anyone here has any real grievance about anything which I have done (or which they think that I have done), I would ask that they communicate with me directly about the matter -- either by email addressed to me at smda@mkohlhaas.org or by phoning me on (011) 886 0191. Grievances (real or imagined) which are posted on the forum -- and especially in the "off topic" section thereof -- are unlikely, at any rate for the next couple of weeks or so, to come to my attention.

Last edited:

nocilah

Banned
alacos admit it... you're not from earth... you're an other worldy being and slimothy is onto this...

craigsa

Executive Member
Holy crap who cares man if peace has been made lets get on with it. As much as i hate lawyers , we need them here and value some of the input by them. :)

nocilah

Banned
craigsa said:
Holy crap who cares man if peace has been made lets get on with it. As much as i hate lawyers , we need them here and value some of the input by them. :)
i seriously wasnt expecting a response from him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.