Ford Fiesta Distance to empty Gauge

TeeM

I have a 2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost Ambiente. Does anyone know if it has a distance to empty gauge?Were I can read how many kilometers I can still drive before fuel tank is empty. I have seen those rectangles,is that it? How do I read them?...
NB:I don't much about cars, its my first one.

Pitbull

Verboten
I have a 2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost Ambiente. Does anyone know if it has a distance to empty gauge?Were I can read how many kilometers I can still drive before fuel tank is empty. I have seen those rectangles,is that it? How do I read them?...
Yes, it will have a thing showing DTE

R4ziel

Expert Member
If it shows you its empty, and you keep driving, the moment when the engine stops is how far you can still drive

thechamp

Honorary Master
Open the glove box and read the manual, everything you need to know about your car is in there. Enjoy your first care and take good care of it.

325i

As far as I can remember the ambiente doesn't have distance to empty option. Ambiente models dont have a trip computer. Trend and Titanium models are the ones with trip computers.

Nithan15

Expert Member
As far as I can remember the ambiente doesn't have distance to empty option. Ambiente models dont have a trip computer. Trend and Titanium models are the ones with trip computers.
That's correct I have the titanium version, when the needle goes into the read it says you have 80KM of range left ( traffic dependant, weight in car, tyre pressure, etc). Not sure how many liters are left in the tank. You access it by pressing the switch on the indicator switch.

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
This is what you are looking for, get it by pressing the button on the left arm.

dte.jpg

Last edited:

325i

That's correct I have the titanium version, when the needle goes into the read it says you have 80KM of range left ( traffic dependant, weight in car, tyre pressure, etc). Not sure how many liters are left in the tank. You access it by pressing the switch on the indicator switch.
Ah nice! I've got one as well. Titanium pack? Colour? Mileage? Fuel consumption?

Got a candy blue with 17k km. Trying very hard to get below 7.4l/100km

Nithan15

Expert Member
Ah nice! I've got one as well. Titanium pack? Colour? Mileage? Fuel consumption?

Got a candy blue with 17k km. Trying very hard to get below 7.4l/100km
I have the Titanuim pack added the darkest legal smash and grab you can get, colour is Deep impact Blue, fuel consumption based on the way I drive is not good also the way the car is set up its very hard to drive it very fuel efficiently. It runs off the line and you tend to keep doing that everytime you leave the line.

I got one in November 2015 it had 12km on the clock it now has 40 000km - currently at Ford - fourth time in for check engine light. No issues with the car itself just the light but no power loss or miss. Went by Ford yesterday afternoon was told the light is still on but there is no error codes being thrown out so I guess they are still gonna be awhile with it.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
I have the Titanuim pack added the darkest legal smash and grab you can get, colour is Deep impact Blue, fuel consumption based on the way I drive is not good also the way the car is set up its very hard to drive it very fuel efficiently. It runs off the line and you tend to keep doing that everytime you leave the line.

I got one in November 2015 it had 12km on the clock it now has 40 000km - currently at Ford - fourth time in for check engine light. No issues with the car itself just the light but no power loss or miss. Went by Ford yesterday afternoon was told the light is still on but there is no error codes being thrown out so I guess they are still gonna be awhile with it.
Had similar problem, apparently it was a wiring issue (loose, incorrectly wired, no idea. They didn't elaborate) generating false reading.

thechamp

Honorary Master
A 2017 model costing over R200k without a trip computer?

Nithan15

Expert Member
A 2017 model costing over R200k without a trip computer?
I am driving an ecosport 1.5 manual - very very basic even hand manual windows in the back. 15K on the clock - but its looks like a dogs breakfast the way it has been taken care off and the sticker on the inside has it priced at R229 000.00 this one doesn't tell you distance to empty as well