Ford Kuga sudden fires investigation

Kevin Lancaster

MyBroadband Editor
Ford Kuga sudden fires investigation

A new forensic investigation into the cause of a Ford Kuga fire, which killed driver Reshall Jimmy in December 2015, has been launched.

This is the third investigation into the matter, which the family of Jimmy hopes will force Ford to take responsibility for the incident.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Samsung manufacturing cars now? :confused:

Oh wait, first on rubbish dump...

Interesting to note that Samsung initated a worldwide recall on their fated phone but Ford is still doing nothing. Says a lot on the companies.

Jokes aside....

Condolences to the families who lost loved ones, and people who lost their cars and money...

Last edited:

FlashSA

Executive Member
Ford SA are going to undo all the good the brand has done over the last 2-3 years by remaining silent. The Escape (Kuga overseas) was recalled for something similiar but SA did nothing!

Come on FFS!

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Ford SA are going to undo all the good the brand has done over the last 2-3 years by remaining silent. The Escape (Kuga overseas) was recalled for something similiar but SA did nothing!

Come on FFS!
Typical South African company behaviour.

jikajoe1

:cool: at least acknowledge the problem ANC, oh sorry Ford:p;) and assure the public about what actions you are taking to address the matter, before its too late.

Last edited:

Insint

Expert Member
I saw a Ford Figo catching fire while at the Ford garage to have my car serviced. The fire alarms even went off.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Ford SA refuse to issue recalls, even when Ford UK does. Saw that plenty on the MK 6 ST, and now the MK 7.

chickenbeef

Executive Member

Come on FFS!
It's not just Ford, Honda SA is the same from my experience. I'm sure other manufacturers are guilty of this as well.

FlashSA

Executive Member
It's not just Ford, Honda SA is the same from my experience. I'm sure other manufacturers are guilty of this as well.
Maybe, but Ford have gone from zero to hero in the car market over the last few years. They'll go straight back to zero if they don't nip this one in the bud fast!

R_D_V

Is it a fire or explosion? This poor guy didn't even have time to get out of his vehicle?

qscwbt

Expert Member
there is a facebook page for all the kugas that caught fire in South Africa

FlashSA

Executive Member
Is it a fire or explosion? This poor guy didn't even have time to get out of his vehicle?
From a Times Media article, it was appears that the cabin fills with smoke rapidly. One lady said she only just managed to stop her car in time and yank her daughter out before the whole car was engulfed in flames.