6spdmanual

Expert Member
What’s gonna happen to those underworld security companies who apparently aid in organised crime? What I’ve read in news and some books is that they have a heavy Eastern European influence, e.g. people like Radovan Krejčíř.

Oldfut

Expert Member
"... must have at least 51% South African ownership".

This restriction is not going to affect me.
I am 100% the owner of my firearm.
For now; the ANC is coming for it to sell it on to their mates in the gangs and sundry criminals.

Ponderer

Executive Member
For now; the ANC is coming for it to sell it on to their mates in the gangs and sundry criminals.
They can try.
I will make it very difficult for the cadres/comrades.
I will fight fire with fire - force/violence will be met with force/violence.

Howdy

Expert Member
The bill states that all security firms and manufacturers, importers, and distributors of security equipment must have at least 51% South African ownership.
You nice security system in your car (which would also include keys - locksmith): BMW, Merc, Toyota, Audi, VW says ,,!,,

Your nice security camera? Germans, USA, China, Korea says ,,!,,

access

Honorary Master
You nice security system in your car (which would also include keys - locksmith): BMW, Merc, Toyota, Audi, VW says ,,!,,

Your nice security camera? Germans, USA, China, Korea says ,,!,,

yeah i was wondering what they consider as security equipment.

lots of things fall in grey areas..

Ponderer

Executive Member
When do you have to renew your license?
It expired.
I became aware of all the kak when I went to renew it (a while ago).
The cop (a good apple amongst the rotten ones) advised me to wait until the whole debacle is settled (in the courts).

If the courts give a kak ruling, my firearm will "accidentally" fall overboard on my next deep sea fishing outing.
There is no way in hell I'm handing it in.

I'm a firm believer in legal (and responsible) firearm ownership.
If however I am forced to become an illegal owner, then so be it.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
It expired.
I became aware of all the kak when I went to renew it (a while ago).
The cop (a good apple amongst the rotten ones) advised me to wait until the whole debacle is settled (in the courts).

If the courts give a kak ruling, my firearm will "accidentally" fall overboard on my next deep sea fishing outing.
There is no way in hell I'm handing it in.

I'm a firm believer in legal (and responsible) firearm ownership.
If however I am forced to become an illegal owner, then so be it.
Now the issue is for all us plebs that don't own one yet. Do you have to show your license at the gun range?

Ponderer

Executive Member
Now the issue is for all us plebs that don't own one yet. Do you have to show your license at the gun range?
Mmmmm - I don't think so, but I could be wrong about that.
The license is for (legal) ownership, but I don't think it's a requirement at the range.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Mmmmm - I don't think so, but I could be wrong about that.
The license is for (legal) ownership, but I don't think it's a requirement at the range.
Yay, so I can still practice with my illegal gun legally. :thumbsup:

I wonder what the gun shops and ranges are going to do when no one can buy a gun?

Oldfut

Expert Member
Yay, so I can still practice with my illegal gun legally. :thumbsup:

I wonder what the gun shops and ranges are going to do when no one can buy a gun?
The would be "rioters" aka looters have their starting blocks out for the next spree, unhindered courtesy of the ANC and GFSA.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Don't really have a problem with this. I have had better service from ADT when they were not owned by Tyco. Also some of local community based providers are way superior some of the national players.

In our area, there is a small, disused community hall. A few years ago the CPF were talking about leasing this and turning it in to a central control point for their operations. Perhaps get some retired/stay-at-home folks to volunteer and operate the phones and the money the residents usually pay to private security can then be ring-fenced and used to fund a non-profit community-run security company. Maybe even an initiative to help get unemployed people in the area certified in the security industry.

keru

In our area, there is a small, disused community hall. A few years ago the CPF were talking about leasing this and turning it in to a central control point for their operations. Perhaps get some retired/stay-at-home folks to volunteer and operate the phones and the money the residents usually pay to private security can then be ring-fenced and used to fund a non-profit community-run security company. Maybe even an initiative to help get unemployed people in the area certified in the security industry.
We do something similar with our CPF in terms of support and counseling for victims of crime. Entirely voluntary based.

shearder

SAPS is the BIGGEST risk to people in South Africa. I could say not the criminals BUT SAPS has the biggest criminals and almost untouchable.

Ponderer

Executive Member
SAPS is the BIGGEST risk to people in South Africa. I could say not the criminals BUT SAPS has the biggest criminals and almost untouchable.
True.
Having said that, there are still some good apples amongst the many rotten ones.