• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Former foreign affairs minister Pik Botha dies

Grant

Honorary Master
someone a few doors from me was a south african diplomat under pik botha
he served in paris, london & new york

while other south african politicians were shunned by these host nations, pik was always respected and welcomed

thechamp

Honorary Master
My grandfather respected him, had some political meetings with him decades ago and, considered him to be a good person.

It's certain that he was not racist and that he worked for the benefit of South Africa and all its people.
From 1977 he was busy trying to transform the NP from the inside, yet people can't give Cyril a break for serving under Zuma for such a short space of time, how unfair...

Drifter

Honorary Master
From 1977 he was busy trying to transform the NP from the inside, yet people can't give Cyril a break for serving under Zuma for such a short space of time, how unfair...
PIK didnt have to fix Zuma's corruption and state coffer looting while being as corrupt as Cyril.

Seriously

Honorary Master
Was Cyril trying to "Transform" the ANC from the inside or did he also take part in the pillaging and corruption?
I give him the benefit as at least he has culture, morals and intelligence that Zuma lacked. Zuma's intelect was stuck in his head ......... located his pants.