Former president Jacob Zuma's corruption trial will commence on 17 May

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
If he evades trial he's simply arrested. But I'm sure he is not above pulling another medical stunt where he doesn't show up and has some doctor certify him sick after the fact.

Zuma's kind doctor still haven't appeared to explain the sick note Zuma's legal council used as an excuse at the Zondo Commission.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Some of those international ones were already prosecuted & found guilty for their part in this in their own countries.

Good, it makes the process quicker and easier to gather testimony. The problem being that it will still take many terms to gather all the testimonies.

lucifir

Expert Member
Did they confuse March and May :unsure:
What is the point in a 2 month delay to starting this trial that has already been 10 years delayed

Thugscub

Expert Member
The Spear is Awoke. Run ya hoes. Go on Zooms have another 20 brats.
The poor will happily have your spear in their rectums and vote for you again.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Did they confuse March and May :unsure:
What is the point in a 2 month delay to starting this trial that has already been 10 years delayed
I think because the judges, prosecuters the defence and everyone involved have other engagements to attend to and their work doesn't start and end with the Zuma trial.

R13...

Honorary Master
I think because the judges, prosecuters the defence and everyone involved have other engagements to attend to and their work doesn't start and end with the Zuma trial.
We need a "How the justice system works 101" for myBB members. Starting with a module called, "How bail works for dummies", etc. They are a rather forgetful lot too. Willfully so. I think they'd have to be done in video illustrations.

Sollie

Executive Member
We need a "How the justice system works 101" for myBB members. Starting with a module called, "How bail works for dummies", etc. They are a rather forgetful lot too. Willfully so. I think they'd have to be done in video illustrations.
Since you want to go there, good idea. We could even share it with some courts. Senekal jumps to mind.

Also, while you're at it, I humbly submit you consider "Africa time" vs "Justice delayed is justice denied" for module two, framed against the backdrop of ongoing harm.

You're welcome.

Kodi

Schabir Shaik should be your star actor ...Shaun the sheep should co-star.

Besides. By all accounts when you tutorial videos are released, you will haven proven your premise as false.

Back to the drawing board buddy...

Excalibur

Expert Member
Expect a marathon trial, at least another half a decade. 78-year old Zuma could even die before the conclusion.

ponder

Honorary Master

Our courts are notoriously slow in delivering justice, it's an undisputed fact and a major problem.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Our courts are notoriously slow in delivering justice, it's an undisputed fact and a major problem.

Very much so, and in many ways its largely due to the old rickety IT systems they have (and none existent IT systems in many areas as well), and poor integration with the Police systems (whatever they have/dont have) and NPA systems. Its all just a shyteshow of epic proportions.

Plus the overloading of our justice system with many absolutely irrelevant things (at least at the Magistrate level) until recently(ish).
I have had the unfortunate experience of having to go to two different Magistrate Court buildings in past, and the court role for the day was scribbled on a board outside the courts I walked passed and back then at least half the cases had to do with marijuana possession. Absolute waste of a judges time.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Hopefully he does actually go to jail and the other corrupt bastards realise that the gravy train has now come to a stop.

Then SA could possibly be fixed now that they have more cash on hand.