Former Proteas Dippenaar, Symcox lay into Ngidi over Black Lives Matter stance

MightyQuin

Not amused...
A long 5 paragraph post, and people only read the first two lines of the first one.
I read al 4 of the paragraphs...and take note and understand all of the points made.

I am just battling with the relevance of the first paragraph:
Symbolically, black lives matter is about much more than that. Throughout history, black people have got the hard end of the stick and that continues to be the case today in many respects
and would like some more clarity on exactly what is meant by that apart from historical fact that can be applied literally to all people on earth?

dj2381

Expert Member
There has been mass hysteria world wide and subsequently on this thread, about racism.

There has also been a lot of accusations thrown around here, some subtle and others quite directly.

What I do find disconcerting, and confusing a lot of the times, are different poster's definition/interpretation of racism or even a racist post.

Also people are called racist for not pointing out racist posts, as that is seemingly an indication of silent approval of said racism.

There are also a LOT of comments made here that so called "White" posters are not sensitive enough and that so called "POC" posters are too sensitive...

I find it very interesting that the post I quoted above, managed to merely slip underneath the radar? No outrage from any one? I quoted it earlier using a meme, so as to firstly quote it for posterity, but also to try and illicit some kind of outrage, but nothing at all.

Why is this? Why is it when Whites complain on here about racism, they are met with a barrage of: "Triggered"..."calm down"..."are you drunk?"...."MyBroederbond"...."White Nationalist"..."go live in Orania"....and my personal favorite: "Check your victimhood".

That is an obvious and racist post by @Nqindi and @newjourno also managed to slip in some glaringly obvious racists posts. Where's the outrage now?

Nqindi is probably a troll account trying to get a reaction.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Black police killed who knows how many black people during the lockdown in SA. Of course, the random killing of a black man by a white policeman in a country that's over 10000km away is far more important to South Africans than what's happening in their own back yards.
It's all about the color of the knee.

access

Honorary Master
Why is this? Why is it when Whites complain on here about racism, they are met with a barrage of: "Triggered"..."calm down"..."are you drunk?"...."MyBroederbond"...."White Nationalist"..."go live in Orania"....and my personal favorite: "Check your victimhood".

you forgot to add...

On this forum it seems only blacks can be racist. Whites are all non racist good folk fighting communism.

Craig_

Honorary Master
There has been mass hysteria world wide and subsequently on this thread, about racism.

There has also been a lot of accusations thrown around here, some subtle and others quite directly.

What I do find disconcerting, and confusing a lot of the times, are different poster's definition/interpretation of racism or even a racist post.

Also people are called racist for not pointing out racist posts, as that is seemingly an indication of silent approval of said racism.

There are also a LOT of comments made here that so called "White" posters are not sensitive enough and that so called "POC" posters are too sensitive...

I find it very interesting that the post I quoted above, managed to merely slip underneath the radar? No outrage from any one? I quoted it earlier using a meme, so as to firstly quote it for posterity, but also to try and illicit some kind of outrage, but nothing at all.

That is an obvious and racist post by @Nqindi and @newjourno also managed to slip in some glaringly obvious racists posts. Where's the outrage now?

Nqindi is a known racist looking for outrage, just like rietrot and a few others I mostly ignore all of those. New journo I genuinely didn't see a single racist post from. You can point it out to me because I could've just missed it.
The ironing is strong in this in SA. Posted about another race there could well have been howls of playing "victim". Here in SA we sit with 20 years of a plethora of actual real race based legislation, regulation and codes, including in the sport under discussion, all aimed at limiting opportunity for a minority but it is "Throughout history, black people have got the hard end of the stick". This in a country already damaged by race based legislation.

In a mad mix of McCarthy and Verwoerd people, now overwhelmingly from that minority, lose their jobs, are hounded on social media and even imprisoned for anything from uttering an insulting word, even supposedly, to photographing their junior school class. The "success" of the politics of racial division.

I have a bizarre concept; why don't we try absolute equality. By now, after 70 odd years, we should have worked out that legalised racism is not a great idea.

What would you suggest we should do to get rid of the inequality created by apartheid other than aa?

Napalm2880

Expert Member

I've been on myBB for 13 years now and this is the first post I've ever reported.

@Nqindi I really hope you understand that this kind of talk is unacceptable, not just online but in real life. You need to find help.

Vorastra

Executive Member
Remember that they held a mass protest a few years ago and Apartheid SA flags started rocking up?
Ever thought they flew that flag because under that flag they weren't being targeted and killed? That might be why.

Vorastra

Executive Member
seems like i hit a nerve with this vagina majora.
141URlQPBgzDSgQQvkl6Bxukkp_VveDbQ0sgEPd08m6rr9A3fXpoaStErijfyRVy7kbHZO4-BSXLjh5YMw0Edkjl3FJIYUZd14_sHcTmmX5q9zoPN0NV6NPoJO1zj0YAlq6UuVtihw=w330-h250

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
The players of color are there. Lungi and Rabada are among the best bowlers in the world. I think more can come through if CSA improves its outreach initiatives.
Let's be honest they've had somewhat privileged introductions to cricket and it was a collective effort from parents teachers and coaches.

The biggest failing is CSA who is supposed to to be guiding light but has failed miserably under Moroe. Can't expect black youngsters to come through especially at batting if it's rotten at the top.

To develop batters takes far more resources than bowlers and we can plainly how valuable resources were squandered thus retarding development.
Don't blame former players.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Boeta did go but he definitely did not get the same amount of abuse from conservatives that Bavuma gets/got.

You can also argue that Boeta's average was more problematic as he was at the top of the order in tests.
"Abuse" is pushing an agenda.