Former Proteas Dippenaar, Symcox lay into Ngidi over Black Lives Matter stance

access

Honorary Master

so you dont even know they exist.

okay then, that answers that.

You know I've seen some people complain "why is there a black management forum, why can't there be a white management forum,"

Guess what, whites AFAIK I know are not barred from joining the black management forum. I remember when I was at Uni a few years ago, there was a white guy who was on the committee in a leadership position. AFAIK, they use the symbolic definition of black which applies to previously disadvantaged people and incorporates some white people as well.

Also, nobody is stopping you from starting your own movements if you want- there are some in existence. I think some of you would do quite well if you joined the VF+.

"there was a white guy"! hahaha

so you mean just like afriforum represented some black people?

but of course, this would be downplayed as tokenism, cause its impossible for a white ou to try and help a black ou. hes just sneakingly doing it for himself, you just cant see it yet. lol

join the vf+? do you think people need to literally join some party if their interests align, or do you think people can vote for whoever seems to be the better choice for progression.

Last edited:

Nqindi

Expert Member
so you dont even know they exist.

okay then, that answers that.
I am black and I will obviously be blind to my own safe-spaces which might be hostile to other people who don't look like me. That is why I am asking for examples. But on principle, I am against race-based enclaves.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Those spaces that, in their existence, entrench white exclusivity, to the extent that even when blacks are involved, they do so as mere tokens - with no voice and are expected to simply smile and play along. The moment the said blacks begin to assert themselves they face a backlash from the guardians of those white spaces.

Sorry if I am not clear, but English is not my first language and this is the most I could squeeze from the tiny English part of the brain.

Name these "white spaces" please. A place...a building...a company...an organization...anything will do.

Not just the usual, sweeping, general statement....

MightyQuin

Not amused...

access

Honorary Master
I am black and I will obviously be blind to my own safe-spaces which might be hostile to other people who don't look like me. That is why I am asking for examples. But on principle, I am against race-based enclaves.

from recent events, you can look it up to be honest, im not trying to be a 'chop' about it. dont take to long as there might bee a 'black out'.

also, what is wrong with freedom of association, do you have fomo?

Nqindi

Expert Member
Are we really supposed to take you seriously and try and debate with you, when you respond in this laughable and ridiculous way?

We have to explain your own BS to you?

The ultimate example of a troll...
You don't have to. I believe there is an "ignore user" function in this forum. :thumbsup:

Nqindi

Expert Member
from recent events, you can look it up to be honest, im not trying to be a 'chop' about it. dont take to long as there might bee a 'black out'.

also, what is wrong with freedom of association, do you have fomo?
Classic definition of a strawman. Misrepresent my position and attack that instead of my true position.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Cricket, rugby, SA business, myBB forums...
So what does this say about the thousands of POC supporters, viewers and participants of these sports?

SA business

All of them?

Name them...explain why they are enclaves. Give stats and figures of the workforce and BEEE status of these "enclaves"

myBB forums...

This whole place is a "white enclave" ?

I really think you either have mental issues OR you just hate all white people and everything remotely "white".
Xenophobia.jpg

Mrcricket

Expert Member
Boeta Dippenaar posted far-right propaganda in '98 at Kingsmead?

Please read carefully.

I said Boeta is not a bad guy, though misguided.

Pat was involved in a racism incident at Kingsmead in 98 with a group of Indian spectators. There would have been less reason for them to lie at the time as racism was not a career-ending offense then. Brian McMillan who also jumped in with "all lives matter" was even convicted and got off scot-free. He merely had to issue a forced apology.

McMillan shares posts on Facebook which is sympathetic to white nationalism, stuff even which many moderate conservatives from the DA would consider as "pushing it too far"

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Please read carefully.

I said Boeta is not a bad guy, though misguided.

I did read carefully. You posted that "Boeta Dippenaar posted far-right propaganda", did you not?

Please provide the source for this statement.

access

Honorary Master
Classic definition of a strawman. Misrepresent my position and attack that instead of my true position.

how is that a strawman argument.

do all lives matter?

it appears you believe people do not associate based on their race yet here you are arguing against one skin colour, while being naive about the rest of the world.