Former Telkom clients are still being billed

Michaelca

I have cancellations from 2017 that Telkom is still trying to demand money for, from me.

Can't MyBroadband do a report on as many of these outstanding cancellations as possible, and then forward them to Telkom?

Telkom will not reply to individual customers - only journalists.

Fiela

It seems like every month there is yet another method / email / link to follow to cancel with Telkom.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I'll probably go through the same cancellation issues after fibre is installed. Ugh, can't wait :cautious:
Tell them you're moving to an address that doesn't have ADSL coverage. I did that. Worked like a charm. They even refunded me a pro-rata amount for the 2 weeks after I moved and didn't use their service out of their own (called me and said they owed me money).

Aquila ka Hecate

Expert Member
Telkom are so appallingly incompetent that I wouldn't touch them if they were the last service provider left on Earth.
Nor would I recommend anyone to use their services for anything, at any time.
Another victim of cancellation service ballsup here.

David101

/vent on
These truckers cut my internet last Wednesday for no reason
For the love of money am I not able to get 1 person in about 16+ calls to sort me out. The only blessing with the misery is that the call to 10210 is free:rolleyes:
An absolute 4th world African drainhole of a company
\vent off

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
Anyone else receive a final demand from P&P Attorneys for a account that was closed years ago?
I cancelled my mom's line December 2017. this week we started getting final demands from them.

Ivanr

Expert Member
What a Joke and persons want to sign contracts and use their prepaid service in the fixed and Mobile sphere because their pricing beats the likes or MTN, VC etc. With rotten service like this :laugh:

justplain

Expert Member
2 years after cancelling I've received a letter in the post from Telkom indicating that they owe me money and that I am in credit!
Praise be!
Now the challenge of getting my money....

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
2 years after cancelling I've received a letter in the post from Telkom indicating that they owe me money and that I am in credit!
Praise be!
Now the challenge of getting my money....
Ignore it. Been there done that. They have no systems in place to refund customers.

chefdude98

Expert Member
Former Telkom clients are still being billed

MyBroadband has received complaints from numerous Telkom subscribers about cancellation problems and being billed for services which have been cancelled.

The latest complaints mirror those in 2018, where Telkom customers experienced major problems when attempting to cancel their services.
Hey @Bradley Prior if you guys do an article in the future can you please ask an attorney firm for comment.

I commend you guys for bringing these issues to light but you are getting the same generic answers from Telkom.

Ask a law firm for comment and see what they say regarding consumer rights etc.

Cheers

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I succesfully cancelled a cellular contract just this August, and another one last August. Wonder where the issues for others originates?