Fortnite African Servers

cavedog

Honorary Master
That should be the AWS Direct Connect, your ISP probably peers with them at NAP, so you now connect via WACS to London instead of one of the east coast cables at a higher latency.
Yeah Amazon transit is pretty decent recently. Really low latency to London and Ireland via their transit.

20200424_132747.jpg

StoneCold

Expert Member
I don't think it actually works yet, will probably only go live next Tuesday which is usually patch day.
True, downloaded it and had a look in game, no matchmaking region for us yet.

Although, I have to say that I'm impressed with the 168ms latency to Europe that I get from Bloem via Cool Ideas :D

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hey man, which ISP was this on? Also where in the country
Afrihost on Openserve fibre in Centurion, PTA

Should not matter though. Any ISP that peers with Amazon at JHB, DUR or CPT should be the same and that should be every ISP.

Hunted

Hi All,

Just wondered if there is any news / rumors about the ZA servers for Fortnite? My son plays it all the time and they were so excited about this, but now it seems that it's not happening maybe.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Hi All,

Just wondered if there is any news / rumors about the ZA servers for Fortnite? My son plays it all the time and they were so excited about this, but now it seems that it's not happening maybe.
Local AWS doesn't support EKS yet, could still be a couple of months away.

Meister-Man

Hi guys. I'm not a gamer or techie, but my son is always asking (complaining) of his high ping. Don't know all the tech jargon, but basically when/if will the ping be lower so he can enjoy the game more?

labratza

Expert Member
think there is alot of parents asking the same question. Both my kids want to know when local servers are going to be up and running

liamato

People online saying there is a server but its not live yet, apparently it is in the game files. They said it could be a couple weeks or by the new season which is starting on the 27th of August. Idk about how true this is, so dont quote me on it :)

labratza

Expert Member
People online saying there is a server but its not live yet, apparently it is in the game files. They said it could be a couple weeks or by the new season which is starting on the 27th of August. Idk about how true this is, so dont quote me on it :)
Well they better make it quick cos if hear the word LAG one more time in the house from either of the kids I am going to make them Play fortnight on a dial up Connection so they can really have LAG