Fortnite battle Royale

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Fortnite On Android Launch Technical Blog

In the first 21 days since the Fortnite’s launch on Android, interest has been extremely high, with over 23 million players entering our Android beta and over 15 million players installing our APK. While we are in an invite-only phase for Android, our conversion from players being invited to playing is similar to that of the iOS beta.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
OIC

I am on the PS4 btw.
I know but the same thing is true.

They have Discord servers full of amazing players then they have a countdown that runs and everyone clicks ready in game at the same time then you get into lobbies with 20-40 players all with hundreds of wins.

Wait until we have a public holiday or something and play in the morning and notice the difference.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
The game is currently unplayed for me, I will play one round and the next round the game freezes, I tab out and see CPU and Memory at 100%.

ryu

Expert Member
played two games last night both 50 v 50 and seemed fine so must be an issue with pc only ?
unless its on solo or that new mode - i havent tried it yet.

Koosie

Friends on PS4 did not have any performance issues last night after the update, looks like its PC and mobile with the issues.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
There is a thread on the subreddit full of complaints and they haven't even acknowledged it yet, it has to be a memory leak or something.

If it was a bit laggy here and there I could probably handle it for the time being but I can't play more than two rounds before it completely freezes, every second game I've played since the patch came out my game crashes.

Sysem

Expert Member
This Getaway LTM is really cool - quite a different game. Need to find myself a squad though :(
Is the damage on Getaway different? I couldn't find anything on the patch notes, but I'm downing people in 1-2 seconds (and getting taken out just as quickly).

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
I turned off all the NVIDIA recording stuff and closed everything like Malwarebytes and now I can play without crashing after round two.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
I just found my first hacker, tracking me through walls and basically only hitting headshots, checked his stats and before I ran into him he had 4 solo wins and a 1.4KD, he has now won back to back solo wins with 15 and 16 kills and a duo game with 18 kills.

Last edited:

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
V5.40 Content Update

BEWARE THE SHADOWS

Suppressed Assault Rifle (Battle Royale)

Take down your enemies quickly and quietly with this new Assault Rifle that rewards precision over rapid-fire.

BATTLE ROYALE

LIMITED TIME MODE: THE GETAWAY

Bug Fixes
  • Players in the Getaway LTM can no longer land on the van without building.
  • Reduced the Victory music at the end of a match.
  • Jewel will no longer appear in inventory hotbar after being put in the Down-But-Not-Out state.
  • Player models will no longer get stuck under the van after winning a match.
  • Player models and items will no longer fall to the ground after winning a match.
  • Enforcer Outfit no longer appears distorted to other clients from certain distances.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
  • Suppressed Assault Rifle Added.
    • Sneaky weapon that rewards trigger discipline with precision.
    • Can be found in Vending Machines, floor loot, Treasure Chests, and Supply Drops.
      • Available in Epic and Legendary Variants.
        • 32/33 damage per shot.
  • Vaulted Drum Gun
PERFORMANCE
  • Sub-Region Matchmaking added for Southeast Asia.
    • More details here.