Fortnite battle Royale

Marcell1992

How do you guys get wins? That latency is a killer, and on top of that I'm not THAT great. I can edit faster than what my latency can allow so I have to slow myself down. Also firing at people and seeing the damage reticle but nothing registering makes me mad. I have 807 games played and zero wins.

Edit: I have gotten better after the Angola/Brazil cable went live, I suspect major traffic was diverted through this cable so my latency dropped by around 30ms with it sometimes as low as 129ms.

Last edited:

TheePayJayKid

How do you guys get wins? That latency is a killer, and on top of that I'm not THAT great. I can edit faster than what my latency can allow so I have to slow myself down. Also firing at people and seeing the damage reticle but nothing registering makes me mad. I have 807 games played and zero wins.

Edit: I have gotten better after the Angola/Brazil cable went live, I suspect major traffic was diverted through this cable so my latency dropped by around 30ms with it sometimes as low as 129ms.

Some days it's not that bad to the point where we've won two in a one day. Other days we get exactly what you're describing. Reticle on another player but no damage done. But keep on practicing, one day when we get local services we'll be GODS on Fortnite as we mastered the game at 170-260 ping.

Marcell1992

Some days it's not that bad to the point where we've won two in a one day. Other days we get exactly what you're describing. Reticle on another player but no damage done. But keep on practicing, one day when we get local services we'll be GODS on Fortnite as we mastered the game at 170-260 ping.

I think you'll need to remaster the game then, because it will be almost like a new game. You'll aim snipers latency adjusted, edits will need to be relearned, because I'm trying to adjust my muscle memory to be in line with my latency, however, there will probably not be a S.A server soon, there's only a North African server in the talks.

Koosie

What ISP are you with?

Marcell1992

What ISP are you with?

Axxess capped. I sometimes have to reset my line, but that's like once a month and I do sometimes connect to a server with packet loss, but not sure if that's an Axxess issue or Fortnite servers issue. My cousin is on Afrihost and gets similar latency on fibre and I am on ADSL.

We're both in Cape Town so that is also something to note, JHB has higher latencies.

Koosie

Axxess capped. I sometimes have to reset my line, but that's like once a month and I do sometimes connect to a server with packet loss, but not sure if that's an Axxess issue or Fortnite servers issue. My cousin is on Afrihost and gets similar latency on fibre and I am on ADSL

Ahh ok, Im with Cool ideas(Fibre). Getting around 165 - 180 on average, they are still testing the new SACS cable not live yet.

Marcell1992

Ahh ok, Im with Cool ideas(Fibre). Getting around 165 - 180 on average, they are still testing the new SACS cable not live yet.

According to an article I read it went live 26 September. Also, while looking around I see we will have an SAex cable running from S.A to US that is 13300km long, based on tech this is a latency of +-55ms?

dotdan

Out of around 1500 games, I only have 63 solo victories.

So many times due to a stupid packet loss or that ping jump etc I have had to end up No 2.

Nothing more irritating that having a head shot lined up whilst jumping and building, clicking the fire button, seeing the shotgun animation play out only to instantly die. Those split seconds make a huge difference.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
What causes the increased latency though? 13300km divided by light speed is 44.36
The speed of light in fibre is 200KM/ms, so 66.5ms there, 66.5ms back, 133ms RTT from landing site to landing site, then you have to add the time it takes to get to the data centre and then to your house, the local loop.

Charl10

Out of around 1500 games, I only have 63 solo victories.

So many times due to a stupid packet loss or that ping jump etc I have had to end up No 2.

Nothing more irritating that having a head shot lined up whilst jumping and building, clicking the fire button, seeing the shotgun animation play out only to instantly die. Those split seconds make a huge difference.

What I would do to have 63 solo wins hahaha

That being said your exact example scenario with the shotgun is the absolute worst isn't it. And then you know you would've had him in the head.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
I have 1280 solo matches and 262 solo wins, the trick is to use the latency to your advantage, people might not like this but the key to winning is camping. With our ~180ms ping you can peek and shoot someone before you even appear on his screen, the person with the higher ping has peakers advantage but if you get into CQC and a build off you're at a disadvantage.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Client sided hit registration, meaning if you see someone on your screen you can shoot them and it counts but with our ping it means you can peek out and shoot someone before your player model appears on his screen because the server hasn't received the data that you moved.

dotdan

With our ~180ms ping you can peek and shoot someone before you even appear on his screen, the person with the higher ping has peakers advantage but if you get into CQC and a build off you're at a disadvantage.

That is some next level shyte right there..

Marcell1992

That is some next level shyte right there..

Not really, because the same applies the other way around. If they peak you, they have a 180ms advantage and also, if you don't kill them in your peak, they also have 180ms to kill you too. I tried last night to take advantage of this peak, but got butt munched quite a few times.

jamacouve

Would much rather give that "advantage" up and play on decent ping. In those intense build battles I cant stand trying to build and one millisecond you look like your going to fall there but then it registers a build and your'e somewhere else.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
fortnite-six-shooter-325x180.jpg.webp

Fortnite Adds New Six Shooter Weapon

https://gamerant.com/fortnite-six-shooter/

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
V6.20 Patch Notes

TRICK OR TREAT,
Come one and all, are you ready for some scares? Then join us this season during Fortnitemares!

New weapons and Heroes are soon to arrive. Will they be enough to help you survive?

Approaching now is a fun new sound, and all new surprises await in Playground.

But that's not all, there's plenty more. So join us to see what v6.20 has in store!

Fortnitemares (Battle Royale & Save the World)
Explore all of the tasty treats, exciting appearances, and new looks! Read the Fortnitemares blog to watch the video and get details for both Battle Royale and Save the World.

Six Shooter (Battle Royale)
Do ya feel lucky, partner? Show off your gunslinger skills with the new Six Shooter.

Fortnite%2Fpatch-notes%2Fv6-20%2Foverview-text-v6-20%2FBR06_Social_SixShooter-1920x1080-6c055a2bce800e4cf00cf550cf0f2e0953f59edf.jpg

Glider Re-Deploy (Battle Royale)
Glider Redeploy is currently available in all game modes! Help us test this feature and fly high above the competition.
Fortnite%2Fpatch-notes%2Fv6-20%2Foverview-text-v6-20%2FReDeploy_Tomato-413d2497583189b9163c0a7c1d8326c7544d0b3b.gif

New Playground Items (Battle Royale)
Man your stations! A new pirate ship minigame and other fun additions are now available in Playground as well as changes to the Spiky Stadium.

Fortnite%2Fpatch-notes%2Fv6-20%2Foverview-text-v6-20%2FBR06_Social_Port-A-Pirateship-1920x1080-c7963d100515a37947eeca139e5dc9429f99a60b.png

GENERAL

SOCIAL

The Social List has been completely redesigned. This is the first of many steps toward improving the social experience within Fortnite. Expect more frequent updates and improvements to this experience over the coming weeks.

• The main Social List has received new art, animations, and flow.
  • The Social List button has moved to the left side of the screen and can now be directly accessed with a controller.
  • Controller and Touch support has been improved.
  • Party Finder has been removed
    • All previous Party Finder functionality has moved to the new Social List.
    • Places that used to open Party Finder now open the new Social List.