Forwarding @telkomsa.net emails?

bees

I've tried looking on webmail.telkomsa.net for an option to forward all mails to @gmail.com, but can't find it.

Anyone have an idea?

broken1

Expert Member
OK. I speak from experience.

Gmail fetching doesn't work too well, only fetches emails every hour, then it sometimes goes to 4 hours or more. NOT good if you waiting for something.

Email support@telkomsa.net or call them on 10215 and ask them to set up forwarding to your gmail address, they do it in 5 minutes (over the phone) or 1 day (over email) and it works excellently!

bees

OK. I speak from experience.

Gmail fetching doesn't work too well, only fetches emails every hour, then it sometimes goes to 4 hours or more. NOT good if you waiting for something.

Email support@telkomsa.net or call them on 10215 and ask them to set up forwarding to your gmail address, they do it in 5 minutes (over the phone) or 1 day (over email) and it works excellently!

Thanks - will monitor it. Just came from the client where I set this up, with IMAP and all that as well. Test mails from various places came in less than 2 minutes that it's been sent.

Don't worry too much about the time. Told the client to send a mail to everyone to say that's his new email addy, and that addy is mainly for home use so time not such a big factor.

rjl

Sending Problems

Thanks for unfo, Telkom set up google imap quickly, but, could not help with sending problem.
Use IMAP 993 and SMTP 587 (NOT 465):)

TimBru14

Anyone had any success with this in 2020? Trying to move away from Telkom ADSL line but mom's mailbox is with Telkom and we can't access it via Outlook over any other link other than a Telkom one (be it Telkom ADSL or Telkom Mobile). Want to forward all mails to a new Gmail box.

ponder

Honorary Master
Anyone had any success with this in 2020? Trying to move away from Telkom ADSL line but mom's mailbox is with Telkom and we can't access it via Outlook over any other link other than a Telkom one (be it Telkom ADSL or Telkom Mobile). Want to forward all mails to a new Gmail box.

Let gmail fetch the mail for you,
1.PNG

You will have to keep your telkom email & pay for it if you cancel your adsl/internet else you will lose the telkom mailbox.

TimBru14

Let gmail fetch the mail for you,
View attachment 959944

You will have to keep your telkom email & pay for it if you cancel your adsl/internet else you will lose the telkom mailbox.

Thanks. I'll test this out. Says that the Telkomsa.net domain doesn't support Gmailify but should still work fine.

ponder

Honorary Master
Thanks. I'll test this out. Says that the Telkomsa.net domain doesn't support Gmailify but should still work fine.

Gmailify is not available, use the "Import emails from my other account (POP3)" option.

RonSwanson

Honorary Master
Has anyone had any success with Outlook.com fetching email from telkomsa.net?

Edit: I tried and it seems to work quite well.

Last edited: