Found in my garden. Ten points if you know what it is!

RedViking

Nord of the South

Mobus

Now for part two. Clearly the fibre db at the corner of my yard is missing this lid. Maybe the installers dropped it by mistake and just couldnt we bothered trying to fetch it.

Does it matter? Is my fibre install incomplete? Perhaps more at risk of breaking a splice during a storm? What is the function of this lid?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Now for part two. Clearly the fibre db at the corner of my yard is missing this lid. Maybe the installers dropped it by mistake and just couldnt we bothered trying to fetch it.

Does it matter? Is my fibre install incomplete? Perhaps more at risk of breaking a splice during a storm? What is the function of this lid?
Nothing duct tape can't fix.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

It is not a lid but an internal part essential to the proper coiling up of the fibre tails. hence if they did not replace it, they just stuffed the fibre tails into the box, which means they are vulnerable to breaking. It also means that when they work on that DB, they can cause numerous faults..

They should all be hung, drawn and quartered after being forced to eat broken pieces of optic fibre cores.

Last edited:

Mobus

It is not a lid but an internal part essential to the proper coiling up of the fibre tails. hence if they did not replace it, they just stuffed the fibre tails into the box, which means they are vulnerable to breaking. It also means that when they work on that DB, they can cause numerous faults.
I truly have uncapped fibre then!
They should all be hung, drawn and quatered after being forced to eat broken pieces of optic fibre cores.
I guess thats what you call a high fibre diet.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Google Lens didn't identify it. But I've tried it out on all kinds of things. Wow!

Mobus

Google Lens didn't identify it. But I've tried it out on all kinds of things. Wow
Yeah I tried tineye and google reverse image search on the photo as well as a close up of the HH logo - nothing.

Tip if you want access google reverse image search from your phone, go to google.com, click images, then change your browser to desktop version (or view). Click the camera button at the end of the search bar.