[France] Neighbor who tossed an elderly Jewish woman off a balcony while yelling 'Allahu Akbar' avoids trial because he smoked weed

Ninja'd

A Djinn

France's top court ruled on Wednesday that the killer of an elderly Jewish woman will not go on trial, France24 reported.

Kobili Traoré admitted to murdering his neighbor, Sarah Halimi, in 2017. He shouted "Allahu Akbar," or "God is great" in Arabic, and "I killed the devil," shortly before throwing her off the balcony of her third-floor Paris apartment, The New York Times said.

On Wednesday, the Court of Cassation — France's final court of appeal — affirmed two prior judgments that ruled that Traoré could not be held criminally responsible for his actions because he was in a state of drug-induced psychosis.

Traoré, a drug dealer, smoked pot every day for 13 years and had up to 15 joints a day, Israel Hayom reported. Toxicological analysis revealed the presence of cannabis in his blood on the day he was arrested, the French newspaper Libération said.

The court noted that "a person is not criminally responsible if suffering, at the time of the event, from psychic or neuropsychic disturbance that has eliminated all discernment or control," The Times said.

Traoré will be held in mental health institutions until doctors deem him fit to return to society, according to reports.

Ninja'd

A Djinn

Dr Sarah Attal-Halimi, a 65-year-old Jewish woman, who was a retired physician and mother of three children,[6] was beaten and defenestrated. It is uncertain if she was killed before the fall or if death occurred as a result of the fall. This occurred at her residence, a third-floor apartment in the Belleville district of Paris on 4 April 2017.[7][8]

Kobili Traoré, a 27-year-old neighbor, a drug dealer and drug addict claimed insanity and was promptly held in a psychiatric hospital.[9][10] An African immigrant from Mali,[11] Traoré was reportedly enraged following a family dispute and gained access to the neighbouring apartment of a different family, who immediately locked themselves into a bedroom, phoned police for help, and waited in fear as they listened to the intruder reciting verses from the Quran.[10]

The police are believed to have first gone to the wrong building while Traoré climbed a balcony from the apartment where the family was sheltering behind a locked door, to the apartment of Halimi, the only Jewish resident of the building.[5] When police finally arrived at the apartment the intruder had entered first, they delayed entering while they awaited the arrival of an elite squad, while more phone calls came in to the police emergency hotline reporting a woman screaming as a man apparently beat her and shouted "shut your mouth", "Allahu Akbar", and "I killed the Shaitan".[9][10][12]

After throwing Halimi from a third-floor window, Traoré returned to the first apartment where the family, still cowering in a room and awaiting the police, again heard him praying aloud.[10][13][14]

Cereal_Killer

Forging
200.gif

rambo919

Honorary Master
And you know.... there are people that actually believes..... weed makes you kill people.....

Clearly it was not Islam....

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I know heavy dagga rookers and never in my life have I seen them become confrontational or murderous.

Its BS. France has a problem with rising anti-semitism.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
You don't need to smoke weed to be an anti semite
I know, but I was referring to this particular thread where smoking dagga makes you demented and you get to do jew tossing off a balcony as a sport and walk away Scott free no problems