• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

France, Where #MeToo Becomes #PasMoi

Alan

Honorary Master
PARIS —Has #MeToo gone #TooFar? Catherine Deneuve thinks so. On Tuesday, the actress and 99 other notable French women from the arts, medicine and business published an open letter in Le Monde calling out what they dubbed a “puritanical” wave of resignations and a group-think—largely in the United States and Britain, since no heads have rolled in France—that they said infantilized women and denied them their sexual power.

“As women, we do not recognize ourselves in this feminism, which goes beyond denouncing abuse of power and has turned into a hatred of men and of sexuality,” they wrote. “Rape is a crime, but trying to seduce someone, even awkwardly, is not. Nor is being gallant a macho aggression.” They continued: “It is the nature of puritanism to borrow, in the name of the supposed collective good, the arguments of the protection of women and of their emancipation to better chain them to their status as eternal victims; poor little things under the control of demonic phallocrats, like in the good old days of witchcraft.”

We defend the right to seduce, which is indispensable to sexual freedom,” the women continued. “We’re aware enough today to admit that the sex drive is by nature offensive and savage, but we’re also clear-eyed enough not to confuse an awkward pickup with sexual aggression.” The signatories also said they regretted that men had been “punished summarily, forced out of their jobs, for touching a knee, trying to steal a kiss, talking about ‘intimate’ things in a professional dinner or for having sent messages with a sexual connotation to a woman who didn’t reciprocate his affections.”

It’s telling that Deneuve has become a figurehead of the emerging backlash against #MeToo. Now 74, she has been the embodiment of empowered French feminine sensuality from her breakout performance singing (and smoking while pregnant) in The Umbrellas of Cherbourg in 1964; through Luis Buñel’s Belle de Jour, in which she plays a bored Parisian housewife who turns a few tricks on the side; to more recent roles dispensing no-nonsense wisdom.

The letter was co-written by Catherine Millet, the author of the best-selling novel The Sexual Life of Catherine M.; Sarah Chiche, a writer and psychoanalyst; Catherine Robbe-Grillet, an actor and writer; Peggy Sastre, a writer and journalist; Abnousse Shalmanim a writer and journalist. Its signatories include Elisabeth Lévy, the editor of the conservative magazine Causeur.

Whether it adds a note of discord or depth, the letter is a telling addition to today’s chorus. We’re living through a disorienting moment in which public shaming has eclipsed due process, as my colleague Michelle Cottle has written. Even committed feminists are skittish about expressing dismay at the guilty-until-proven-innocent approach of naming alleged harassers publicly, for fear of seeming lacking in empathy or solidarity. In The New York Times last week, the writer Daphne Merkin struck a similar note as the French feminists, asking “What happened to women’s agency?” It’s hard to have a nuanced debate in an atmosphere that can feel, on social media at least, like one of competitive outrage.
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/01/france-me-too/550124/

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Well she certainly isn't wrong! The whole thing has gone overboard and the sooner the feminazis and their cucks are isolated, the better

Mila

Honorary Master
I agree with her.
But remember this is widely supported by loads of snowflakes that wants to be victims of something and offended by something.

Last edited:

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Couldn’t agree more.

Funny fact, she’s actually known (very widespread rumors) to sleep with a lot of young young men (a very old cougar).

Last edited:

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
We’re living through a disorienting moment in which public shaming has eclipsed due process, as my colleague Michelle Cottle has written.
People's lives are being ruined, but let's just call it a 'disorienting moment' like a temporary dizzy spell or something..

**** these burnt bitches and their 'alternative logic' movement.

Last edited:

Knyro

Honorary Master
Well she certainly isn't wrong! The whole thing has gone overboard and the sooner the feminazis and their cucks are isolated, the better
Got that right. This is the worst thing brought about by social media. Could happen to anybody at any time. All it takes is somebody with a grudge. Even somebody you've never met before can permanently fsck up your life with a single tweet.

Acquitted in court? Ha! Yeah right, even just the accusation is enough to ruin you. I hope all the cowards that support this kind of behaviour just for a whiff of vagina get a taste of their own medicine one day.

Seriously fscked up times we live in.

scudsucker

Expert Member
The whole thing has gone overboard and the sooner the feminazis and their cucks are isolated, the better
I'd like to know the thinking behind this sentence.

1) Feminazis: you are obviously angry about overly pro-women views; and consider a certain portion of feminists to be as bad as the Nazis.

2) Their cucks: as you no doubt know, a cuckold is a gentleman whose wife is unfaithful to him.

Now. Given that you think these hard-core feminists are being unfaithful to their husbands, why would you like both parties isolated?

Shouldn't you - as a man - be reaching out to these men in a show of support?

But no. You condemn them all with your broad and bigoted brush.

S7wede

Expert Member
1. Feminazis: Feminism has stopped being about equality and has embraced misandry. It's why the majority of women do not identify as feminists. They have gone too far down the rabbit hole and like the nazi's are extremely authoritarian when it comes to their doctrine of social justice.

2. Cucks: It used to mean cuckold, which you correctly explained, but it now represents a beta male character type that has embraced rabid feminist ideology in a desperate attempt to bring themselves within striking distance of anything with a vagina. Quite often these depraved individuals are the very monsters they try and white knight the protected womxn species from.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
1. Feminazis: Feminism has stopped being about equality and has embraced misandry. It's why the majority of women do not identify as feminists. They have gone too far down the rabbit hole and like the nazi's are extremely authoritarian when it comes to their doctrine of social justice.

2. Cucks: It used to mean cuckold, which you correctly explained, but it now represents a beta male character type that has embraced rabid feminist ideology in a desperate attempt to bring themselves within striking distance of anything with a vagina. Quite often these depraved individuals are the very monsters they try and white knight the protected womxn species from.
It still is a cuckold. A man so desperate to appear modern and progressive that he would be fine if his wife slept around. He would not want to appear insecure or judge her for her sexuality, so he would be happy if she bangs three guys a night without condoms.

"You know, I'm just happy she trusts me enough to tell how big her last lover's penis was. It shows what an amazing, trusting bond we have. I'm secure enough in my manhood to not be threatened by these liaisons she has. It is time we men stop stigmatizing a woman's sex drive. If she isn't satisfied with me, I heartily support her in finding a man who can satisfy her in the bedroom."

scudsucker

Expert Member

It still is a cuckold. A man so desperate to appear modern and progressive that he would be fine if his wife slept around. He would not want to appear insecure or judge her for her sexuality, so he would be happy if she bangs three guys a night without condoms.

"You know, I'm just happy she trusts me enough to tell how big her last lover's penis was. It shows what an amazing, trusting bond we have. I'm secure enough in my manhood to not be threatened by these liaisons she has. It is time we men stop stigmatizing a woman's sex drive. If she isn't satisfied with me, I heartily support her in finding a man who can satisfy her in the bedroom."
Yoh.

Seems like you two need to get laid.

It has been a while, right?

Last edited:

S7wede

Expert Member
Yoh.

Seems like you two need to get laid.

It has been a while, right?
If that is your only argument to everything we have put forward, then maybe your argument is not worth writing down. A gentleman never responds to that sort of accusation.

scudsucker

Expert Member
What you put forward is comical.

I am a feminist man. I am married to a feminist woman. Neither of us espouse radical feminisim; we both believe in equality. My wife's former lovers do not threaten me as a man; my own former lovers do not threaten her.

Her feminism, like her sisters and her women friend's feminism is about equality, not misandry. The vast majority of women would agree.

Granted, there is an extremist fringe of feminist thought whose beliefs border on or are actually misandry. But who gives a **** about the lunatic fringe?

Why are you two so threatened by the desire of most sensible people for equal treatment for both genders? It's not like you are being targeted by radical feminists every day; you are simply being expected to act like a human being, and, @S7wede, if indeed you are a "gentleman" in the modern sense (not the Victorian) then you should be happy that women are gradually becoming more and more equally treated by society.

P.S. If my wife chooses to be unfaithful to me; then I may be a cuckold but that act is more damning for her. You guys need new insults, "cuck" is about as lame as it gets.

S7wede

Expert Member
What you put forward is comical.

I am a feminist man. I am married to a feminist woman. Neither of us espouse radical feminisim; we both believe in equality. My wife's former lovers do not threaten me as a man; my own former lovers do not threaten her.

Her feminism, like her sisters and her women friend's feminism is about equality, not misandry. The vast majority of women would agree.

Granted, there is an extremist fringe of feminist thought whose beliefs border on or are actually misandry. But who gives a **** about the lunatic fringe?

Why are you two so threatened by the desire of most sensible people for equal treatment for both genders? It's not like you are being targeted by radical feminists every day; you are simply being expected to act like a human being, and, @S7wede, if indeed you are a "gentleman" in the modern sense (not the Victorian) then you should be happy that women are gradually becoming more and more equally treated by society.

P.S. If my wife chooses to be unfaithful to me; then I may be a cuckold but that act is more damning for her. You guys need new insults, "cuck" is about as lame as it gets.
I believe in equality, I don't believe mainstream feminism cares about equality anymore. Most well rounded people agree with me as feminism is self imploding all around the western world. This lunatic fringe has the ear of academia and the entertainment industry. We must call them out on their increasingly Marxist rhetoric as it's just as fascist as the neo nazi label that they dish out to anybody who disagrees with them.

You see, you immediately fall into the trap that just because we are anti feminist, we must be anti equality. That is a giant logical fallacy. We recognise that just because you call it feminism, it doesn't stop being misandry.

Last edited:

scudsucker

Expert Member

Why don't you start your arguements by providing proof of the bold statements you have made?

S7wede

Expert Member
Why don't you start your arguements by providing proof of the bold statements you have made?
My evidence is anecdotal. I have never met a woman who identified as a feminist, but here is something from the Telegraph that should help. It's from 2016, but is the top google result for my search

Also here is a Youtube video that is quite an eye opener into how depraved some outspoken male feminists really were when they finally chose to act on their true natures.

scudsucker

Expert Member
Most well rounded people agree with me as feminism is self imploding all around the western world. This lunatic fringe has the ear of academia and the entertainment industry.
Citation needed for those two claims!

it now represents a beta male character type that has embraced rabid feminist ideology in a desperate attempt to bring themselves within striking distance of anything with a vagina
o_O - low self esteem male detected, projecting his sense of "beta"ness

We must call them out on their increasingly Marxist rhetoric as it's just as fascist as the neo nazi label that they dish out to anybody who disagrees with them.
o_O - "alt-right" true believer detected.

With which Marxist ideologies, specifically, when presented by feminists, do you object so much?