Free DStv Now channels for all South Africans

Pitbull

Verboten
All 24h news channels... And due to the Corona outbreak.

Not really interested, I highly doubt anyone with an internet subscription would even bother. Can get the information from better sources.

• BBC World
  • CNN
  • eNCA
  • SABC News
  • Newzroom Afrika
  • Euronews Now

Reaper1242

My mother asked me to sign up for her but after clicking skip it throws a 403 forbidden access

Last edited:

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Al Jazeera is free on YouTube, so is Sky News and a couple other channels. What Happened to ETVs other news channel BTW?

quovadis

Executive Member
Must commend them for something free. Nice to have news channels outside of Youtube - it will be interesting to see how long this will last.

phly

Expert Member
Must commend them for something free. Nice to have news channels outside of Youtube - it will be interesting to see how long this will last.

Probably till the outbreak is over although in my opinion news should be free irrespective of platform

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Bit the bullet and added Disney+ to our Hulu sub for the kids so that's hopefully one less effing board game I'll have to play.

If Telkom decides to throttle me during this least festive of season I'll be less than impressed.

quovadis

Executive Member
Probably till the outbreak is over although in my opinion news should be free irrespective of platform

Hehe well the quality isn't great either. If DStv is wanting to make DSTV Now a competitive option they need to step up their game especially since first impressions last.

phly

Expert Member
on my end it has been decent - hardly use it that much but with how things are turning out - could be my lucky month

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
for starters, this is good. What would be better is to open FreeToAir channels here (Ads. riddled to pay for this anyway).

Then make Premier League (SS3) free ;-)

I registered.

profa

Honorary Master
So they are basically giving away for free what nobody wants. Or very very few.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Al Jazeera is free on YouTube, so is Sky News and a couple other channels. What Happened to ETVs other news channel BTW?
ENCA is live streaming on Youtube, provided you're not streaming from South Africa. It's blocked if you try.