Free Fibre Speed Upgrades - Did you get yours

Has your Fibre Line bandwidth been increased for the lock-down period?

• Yes, bandwidth increased

• No, bandwidth not yet increased [I will update my poll choice once it has]

• Not eligible

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nikkel

Afrihost/Mitchellsfibre(Vumatel) 20/10> 40/10 came good at 10am

40mb upgrade.JPG

Voyager73

I'm with Axxess / Vuma 20/2 waited for my upgrade to 50/5
I was upgraded just didnt know because i still get 20mb on speedtest.
I get 50mb on vuma speedtest.
They shouldve just said no to upgrade if they can't handle the extra upgrades. I do get 5 mb upload tho so thanks Axxess.

vuma test.png

speed test.png

Messugga

Honorary Master
Speeds went to **** this morning, inexplicably. While digging around, I was prompted for a software update on my network controller, so thought what the hell, why not?
As part of the process, some network bits rebooted. Ran another speedtest and was met with this result:

This is up from 100/100.

Lostboy

20/2 > 50/5, Afrihost/Vumatel

Upgraded Saturday afternoon.

as per the Afrihost website:

Vumatel

Vumatel download speeds will be upgraded and we’ll give you FASTER internet at ZERO cost to you for the next 3 months.

Vumatel Aerial 8Mbps and 10Mbps speed upgrade completed on 03 April 2020.

Vumatel 8Mbps, 10Mbps and 20Mbps speed upgrade to be completed on 06 April 2020.

Vumatel 50Mbps, 100Mbps and 200Mbps speed upgrade to be completed on 07 April 2020.

Effective from 01 April to 30 June 2020.

Deanos

So it looks like Telkom have come to the party...
Either that or they messed my account up even more!

I'm getting speeds in excess of 60mb on my 20/20, so good job Telkom!

But I'm still moving to VOX!

chrisc

Executive Member
My speed went up from 50 mpbs to 200. This on Friday I think. Its Vumatel

Salt

Expert Member
Vumatel Home-Connect - still nothing. Keen to test for this free period. Hopefully later today I guess.

Wonder why Home-Connect is not on this forum. Its cool to see how helpful @PBCool are on here...if they has free installation I should probably have gone with them!

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Got this email a few minutes ago. I'm being patient...I'm on 100Mb already and this is a freebie, so...

It hasn’t been smooth sailing but don’t fear, we’ve got you! We noticed the delay in free upgrade roll-outs the past week.

Great news! We were able to squeeze another month out for you! Vumatel has agreed to extend the free speed upgrade until the end of June giving you up to three months of faster fibre.

Now sit back, relax, pop the corn - throw some Astro’s in it - and get streaming! Don’t know what to watch? Check out our blog for ideas.

P.S. We confirmed that more than half of the upgrades are done and the last of the remaining customers should be completed by VUMA early next week.

Yours faithfully in frickin’ fast fibre,

The Webafrica Team

viper2110

This with a cabled device?
Yes cable. Seems better now.

Download 41.95Mbps
Upload 3.84Mbps

Download 46 Mbps
Upload 5 Mbps

julz009

Is there any info from Evotel yet @PBCool ? I see they are listed as being part of the promotion, still seeing roughly 20/20 on mine with cool ideas.

stefan9

Executive Member
mine was completed late this afternoon. Cisp/FF, lynnwood/pretoria. 100mbps went to 200mbps.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Is there any info from Evotel yet @PBCool ? I see they are listed as being part of the promotion, still seeing roughly 20/20 on mine with cool ideas.
Are you testing with a cabled device? If so PM me your account details.

Joka69

Expert Member
Are there perhaps exclusions on the promotional upgrades? Im on 20/2 CISP, Vuma Aerial Wilropark, and i stil have not been upgraded? Yet a bud of mine, 1 area over (same package) 1 area over was upgraded on Friday already?