• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Free lte-a rain router from webafrica.

What's the catch, no contract what if you cancel 6months in? They say you have to return the router. When does the router become your property?

Zuperfruit

Feeling super bleak about this. Paid almost R2k two months ago for my router AND now connection quality has degraded to **** (it was perfect for the first month) :-(

Inky1980

Feeling super bleak about this. Paid almost R2k two months ago for my router AND now connection quality has degraded to **** (it was perfect for the first month) :-(
Don't worry I'm also not impressed. My speed is okay but I also had to buy this router and now it's free. They knew exactly what they were doing, it's not like they made a sudden decision to make these routers free. And for those who will tell us that we shouldn't complain, well R2k is a lot of money in my life and it's simply a k@k way of doing business by them.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Don't worry I'm also not impressed. My speed is okay but I also had to buy this router and now it's free. They knew exactly what they were doing, it's not like they made a sudden decision to make these routers free. And for those who will tell us that we shouldn't complain, well R2k is a lot of money in my life and it's simply a k@k way of doing business by them.
You could've waited.

Lament

Executive Member
Fck....O well, got mine from Buzybuy for R999 and its mine to own, plus im paying R50 less pm, so in the long run in winning :p

F1 Fan

Expert Member
Yes because everything goes on special, right?....This isn't a R15 carton of milk. Congrats, money clearly isn't an issue in your life.
I just don't understand your argument? If R2000 is a lot of money to you, then wait until you get it on special? You wanted to be an early adopter, and you are now paying the price for it. It's simple really.

I wanted it a month ago, I decided I was not willing to fork out R2500 and waited. I ended up paying R999 because I did not want to wait any longer.

Inky1980

I just don't understand your argument? If R2000 is a lot of money to you, then wait until you get it on special? You wanted to be an early adopter, and you are now paying the price for it. It's simple really.

I wanted it a month ago, I decided I was not willing to fork out R2500 and waited. I ended up paying R999 because I did not want to wait any longer.
No I had to get it because I had no other solution for an internet connection after I moved, it wasn't about being an early adopter at all.

So no, it's not simple really. I was an ADSL subscriber with them before I moved and I had to go the LTE route. I could very easily have gone to another ISP who was offering it for less but since I was happy with their service I forked out the cash because I thought it would be worth it.

I've said what I wanted to say - I was ripped off, simple as that.

Congrats to everyone else who is getting it for free, right place and right timing. Enjoy.

Zuperfruit

This.

Due to rotting infrastructure, ADSL just isn't an option for me.

Feeling bleak and ripped now.

No I had to get it because I had no other solution for an internet connection after I moved, it wasn't about being an early adopter at all.

So no, it's not simple really. I was an ADSL subscriber with them before I moved and I had to go the LTE route. I could very easily have gone to another ISP who was offering it for less but since I was happy with their service I forked out the cash because I thought it would be worth it.

Congrats to everyone else who is getting it for free, right place and right timing. Enjoy.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

Could've used Voda/MTN via Afrihost etc. I got a Mygica android box two weeks before Telkom launched their Lit one. Not going to shed a tear about it. You win some, you lose some.