Free magazine download site for iPad

surfs-up

Expert Member
Does anyone know of a good site where magazines can be downloaded for free ?

I used to use ebook-free-download.net, which used to be excellent for free downloads. But lately they say "free download" but after you follow all the prompts, they say "only for premium members"

I have tried a few other sites last night - they advertise free magazine downloads, but once you have selected your magazine and try to download, they say I have not chosen one of the free magazines.

The magazines I am interested in are Mac Format, Android magazines, T3, MacUser and MacWorld.

I download straight to "Goodreader" on my iPad, where I have created folders for each magazine.

Thanks

JStrike

Honorary Master
Aren't those paid magazines? How are you expecting to get it for free without stealing?

surfs-up

Expert Member
Aren't those paid magazines? How are you expecting to get it for free without stealing?

Magazines have been available for free downloading for years now. You usually have an option - you can pay and get ultra fast unlimited downloading, or if you select free then you get slower speeds and you have to wait a minute or two before it downloads, plus you are restricted to one download every few hours.

I used ebook-free-download.net for more than 4 years, but now it seems they only allow free downloads on their older magazines

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Magazines have been available for free downloading for years now. You usually have an option - you can pay and get ultra fast unlimited downloading, or if you select free then you get slower speeds and you have to wait a minute or two before it downloads, plus you are restricted to one download every few hours.
Why don't you contact the publishers for these magazines and tell them that ebook-free-download.net isn't working for you and can they please provide you with an alternative? ;)

surfs-up

Expert Member
Why don't you contact the publishers for these magazines and tell them that ebook-free-download.net isn't working for you and can they please provide you with an alternative? ;)

LOL yeah right, Bwana :D

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Is it really too much to ask to pay a few $ for a magazine?

You know those people whose articles you are reading for "free" need to get paid for it as well.

It's no wanter the publishing industry is having a hard time, it's not that paper is going out the window but rather that digital apparently doesn't need to be paid for.

surfs-up

Expert Member
Is it really too much to ask to pay a few $ for a magazine?

You know those people whose articles you are reading for "free" need to get paid for it as well.

It's no wanter the publishing industry is having a hard time, it's not that paper is going out the window but rather that digital apparently doesn't need to be paid for.

:D If only I were a fly on the wall - I would bet big bucks that right now pdf-giant.com is inundated with MYBB members checking to see what they can download LOL :D

No officer...speeding ? I was only doing 55 in that 60 kmh zone

iow hypocricy :D

Last edited:

surfs-up

Expert Member
BTW I think to pay R 150 for a magazine at CNA is a total rip off.....and causes huge damage to our environment. I stopped my business from dealing in faxes years ago - if a customer or supplier wants to send me something, he must email it. Bugger the paper and ink wastage.

BTW I am busy looking at that Zinio app, and might go that route for my downloads....but will definitely not spend money on paper magazines

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
BTW I think to pay R 150 for a magazine at CNA is a total rip off.....and causes huge damage to our environment. I stopped my business from dealing in faxes years ago - if a customer or supplier wants to send me something, he must email it. Bugger the paper and ink wastage.

BTW I am busy looking at that Zinio app, and might go that route for my downloads....but will definitely not spend money on paper magazines

That's a fair argument.

But with magazines going for $1.99 on average on Newsstand (that's all or R20) and even at $4.99 (R50) it's still 1/3rd of what you would be paying at CNA.

Then it's also delivered directly to your iPad when it gets released with a high-speed connection and the money ends up where it belongs.

I haven't bought a paper magazine since I got my iPad and when my CAR Magazine subscription runs out I'll be buying theirs on Zinio as well.

Hemps

Honorary Master

I used to pirate, then found Zinio and now pay for most of my stuff, it's so cheap anyways as they constantly send you $5 vouchers.
They also monitor what you read and every so often suddenly a half price sale comes your way of the magazine you wanted.

JStrike

Honorary Master

I used ebook-free-download.net for more than 4 years, but now it seems they only allow free downloads on their older magazines

Yeah, because that isn't stealing.
You're just paying the master thief

goofball

Expert Member
I used to pirate, then found Zinio and now pay for most of my stuff, it's so cheap anyways as they constantly send you $5 vouchers.
They also monitor what you read and every so often suddenly a half price sale comes your way of the magazine you wanted.

Have'nt received one in a while now. Do you still get them?

LizGroen

Has anyone tried out the free magazines for 3 months from the iStore? It's from http://www.thebundle.co.za/# and you get activated when you buy an iDevice from iStore (or a voucher if you've already bought one).

Titles like HG, You, Heat, Go, TopCar and FHM (15 Afrikaans and 19 English) and R99 after the 3 months.

vinodh

Expert Member
Have'nt received one in a while now. Do you still get them?

I have several subscriptions with Zinio that will expire soon. Zinio sent me a reminder and will give me a $5 voucher for each subscription I renew. I got a few good deals last year: a years subscription to Car magazine for R60 and a years subscription to Men's Health for free. Zinio is really worth it.

D3nz

Honorary Master
I have several subscriptions with Zinio that will expire soon. Zinio sent me a reminder and will give me a $5 voucher for each subscription I renew. I got a few good deals last year: a years subscription to Car magazine for R60 and a years subscription to Men's Health for free. Zinio is really worth it.
That does sound cheap. I'm still subscribed to 'paper' magazines. I'll have to check Zinio out.