Free magazine download site for iPad

Hemps

Honorary Master
Have'nt received one in a while now. Do you still get them?

Yip, got one in April only $5 though.
Got 3x $5 in March.

Agent47

Ive been using Zinio for round about a year now and buy between 3 and 5 magazines every month, never received any vouchers :(

Is this only when you subscribe to these magazines?

Hemps

Honorary Master
Ive been using Zinio for round about a year now and buy between 3 and 5 magazines every month, never received any vouchers

Is this only when you subscribe to these magazines?

I had to use gmail email address as work email account was blocking emails from zinio.

Yamana_New

Quick question about Zinio if I may? (the site is blocked at the office...)

Say you use the iMac app for Zinio, are your downloads/magazines available for transfer to say iPad or other tablets?

vinodh

Expert Member
Quick question about Zinio if I may? (the site is blocked at the office...)

Say you use the iMac app for Zinio, are your downloads/magazines available for transfer to say iPad or other tablets?

Yes. Works across all platforms that support Zinio.

Hemps

Honorary Master

One of the bonuses about using Zinio, you can access your magazines if you move to another device.

Keeper

Honorary Master
Tip: You can also download the PDFs from these sites straight on the iPad in Safari and it will copy it to your iBooks/PDF readers of choice.
(Just tap "open with..")

Yamana_New

One of the bonuses about using Zinio, you can access your magazines if you move to another device.

But you have to download it again, yes? They talk about syncing on the website but I cannot find a way of syncing one device with the other.
Say I've downloaded it using my phone or tablet, do I have to download it again to read it on my pc or laptop?

Agent47

But you have to download it again, yes? They talk about syncing on the website but I cannot find a way of syncing one device with the other.
Say I've downloaded it using my phone or tablet, do I have to download it again to read it on my pc or laptop?

Yeah thats how I hav been doing it, I am pretty sure (knowing apple) there should be an easier way.

Luckily I mostly just use my iPad. I know when you buy magz online at Zinio it will show the mag in the app but it is not yet fully downloaded until you tell it to. Should just be a setting.

Hemps

Honorary Master
You install the app on ipad or android device and just login with your email and password then all mags will show up, you then click on a title and it'll download to that device's memory, not very big but quality is very good.

Yamana_New

You install the app on ipad or android device and just login with your email and password then all mags will show up, you then click on a title and it'll download to that device's memory, not very big but quality is very good.

The issue is having the same magazine on two or more devices without having to download it more than once.
One would think if your iPad syncs photos, music, contacts, etc. with your Mac then surely the magazines can also be done.

It appears that an average sized magazine is about 50 to 100 megs, to me that is more than "not very big" with the cost & speed of our bandwith, be it 3G or ADSL.

Hemps

Honorary Master
It appears that an average sized magazine is about 50 to 100 megs, to me that is more than "not very big" with the cost & speed of our bandwith, be it 3G or ADSL.

On 3G sure but adsl it's not too bad, there is an option to in the Zinio app to "Restore itunes purchases" I have never used this as we have uncapped at work and I just re-download everything.

visrot

Expert Member
Free but limited content
NYTimes
The Daily

Free subscriptions
Engadget Distro
iGIZMO Magazine
GameQ
Lowe's Creative Ideas Magazine
WebMD the Magazine
#5 Magazine
Sporting News
Ensign
GadChick
Co-op Food Mag
Snap Magazine
LEVELED
CPU
Gamereactor
Lowdown Magazine
Alligator Magazine
Enjoying Everyday Life Magazine
Project Sounds
The Watch Magazine
Psychic Today
SLH Beinspired.

Free trails (some require subscribing)
US Weekly Magazine (1 month)
Huffington. (1 month)
Bloomberg Businessweek+ (1 free issue)
COSMOS Magazine (1 free issue)
Computer Arts (1 free issue)
MacLife Couple (3 free issues)
Light It Digital Magazine (1 free issue)
Newsweek (2 free issues)
Esquire (Past issues)

May need specific country iTunes account
Canadian, UK, Australian account:
Australia Unlimited
inpress
Qantas magazine
Fitness First
Three
Myer Emporium
Tech Living magazine
Metro