Free ShowMax for new Telkom clients

d0b33

Honorary Master
Yeah, funny... I complained about getting connection issues on Telkom uncapped. Now this.

Toothless

Banned
No need to worry! They will not be giving out too many new accounts since Telkom hardly signs up new customers since they have stopped new landline installations and ADSL. Those who goes wireless gets too little data.

saa044

Expert Member
No need to worry! They will not be giving out too many new accounts since Telkom hardly signs up new customers since they have stopped new landline installations and ADSL. Those who goes wireless gets too little data.

Tell me about it, there is not even a telepone pole or fiber anywhere near our complex. Good old Bronberg Wisp to the rescue. Would have loved to try wowfi, still waiting for them to expand into my area.

web

Executive Member
My account is a few years old and i got offered this today by sms...

b166er

Yup, there is no such thing as a "new Telkom client" what a joke.

FiestaST

Honorary Master

Excuse my ignorance what do you mean they stopped new landline installation & ADSL?

In Jan I got my landline installation & ADSL from Telkom.

So if a person moves into a new house what do they do then?

I O U

Telkom said you will have to provide ShowMax with your credit card information, ...

For a trial - that's BS ! :mad:
Furthermore, even if you were to go beyond the 30 days, is there not an option to pay via EFT, instead of c/card ?

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
Wow!! I am so excited! I am going to have my line cut and then put it back again!!

FuLL_MeT4L

Expert Member
Pfft @ 1 month. 3 months or 6 months would have been worth an article or mention.

Toothless

Banned
Excuse my ignorance what do you mean they stopped new landline installation & ADSL?

In Jan I got my landline installation & ADSL from Telkom.

So if a person moves into a new house what do they do then?

In most new neighbourhoods no one can apply for a landline and ADSL. You can only get their wireless phones with 8ta.

In many older neighbourhoods, where a person sells a house of cancels a phone line, they refuse new installations for new people moving in. Again, you can only get their wireless phones.

heartbroken

Expert Member
In most new neighbourhoods no one can apply for a landline and ADSL. You can only get their wireless phones with 8ta.

In many older neighbourhoods, where a person sells a house of cancels a phone line, they refuse new installations for new people moving in. Again, you can only get their wireless phones.

I call BS. Moved into an old new house a couple of months ago and they had no issue installing ADSL for me

FiestaST

Honorary Master

I call BS. Moved into an old new house a couple of months ago and they had no issue installing ADSL for me

Hmmm...not sure who to "believe" now

b166er

So did I 5 months ago. The house already has a line and the neighbourhood is VDSL rated, Telkom refuses to install ADSL and their technicians cancel my installation request. No reason provided by Telkom for this and Telkom staff ignore all requests for an explanation.