Free Speech vs Hate Speech

saturnz

Honorary Master
Indeed I shall, and I would welcome your ideas as well as I don't automatically assume you are a lesser creature than I.
my ideas are immaterial, and its not a matter of assuming people are lesser creatures, thats your own strawman

Bobbin

Executive Member
my ideas are immaterial, and its not a matter of assuming people are lesser creatures, thats your own strawman
By that standard then ALL ideas are immaterial no matter where it is cited from. You can't have your cake and eat it here. It's surely one way or the other.

Unless you believe yourself to be a sheep?

saturnz

Honorary Master
By that standard then ALL ideas are immaterial no matter where it is cited from.
once again your own strawman, I already posted a quote from the rules section of this thread where it refers to citations required

I suppose you take your own opinion more seriously than that of a doctor when you need medical advice? what about a legal opinion, is your opinion more valid than that of the lawyer?

Bobbin

Executive Member
once again your own strawman
If we're going to be calling everything a strawman rather than tackling the point - well that's fun I suppose. I get a strawman, you get a strawman, everybody gets a strawman :D

If there is a strawman there, it is unintentional. It's me simply trying to apply the veiled snippets of logic you let through. You are very difficult to talk with, if you're not aware.

Bobbin

Executive Member
once again your own strawman, I already posted a quote from the rules section of this thread where it refers to citations required

I suppose you take your own opinion more seriously than that of a doctor when you need medical advice? what about a legal opinion, is your opinion more valid than that of the lawyer?
I see your edit. Asking for a citation on an idea/discussion is completely out of form. You need to know when something is appropriate or not. We were not referencing/claiming facts or statistics anywhere.

If you would like me to support something I stated, be a bit more specific about what you would like. Though if I state something out of formulated opinion or logic you must understand where it comes from.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
If we're going to be calling everything a strawman rather than tackling the point - well that's fun I suppose. I get a strawman, you get a strawman, everybody gets a strawman :D

If there is a strawman there, it is unintentional. It's me simply trying to apply the veiled snippets of logic you let through. You are very difficult to talk with, if you're not aware.
I'm here for my strawman.

saturnz

Honorary Master

did I mention anything about being lesser creatures, no that was all you, in other words, your strawman

I didn't say anything about all ideas being immaterial, once again your own strawman

Bobbin

Executive Member
did I mention anything about being lesser creatures, no that was all you, in other words, your strawman
If you don't acknowledge my ideas then this is the conclusion I draw. Politeness stems from an acknowledgement that the person you're dealing with is capable of independent thought. Else we would be dismissive of one another, like you treat a lesser creature. You are quick to call my ideas drivel, so what else am I supposed to think?

I didn't say anything about all ideas being immaterial, once again your own strawman
Where do I draw the exception? Is it the case that only SOME ideas are immaterial?

stick the point, instead you want to make your own independent point and argue that as if anybody cares
You still haven't given me your thoughts on private ownership (twice now), so the point remains unanswered.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
If you don't acknowledge my ideas then this is the conclusion I draw. Politeness stems from an acknowledgement that the person you're dealing with is capable of independent thought. Else we would be dismissive of one another, like you treat a lesser creature. You are quick to call my ideas drivel, so what else am I supposed to think?

Where do I draw the exception? Is it the case that only SOME ideas are immaterial?

You still haven't given me your thoughts on private ownership (twice now), so the point remains unanswered.
O wow, actually well put. What on earth are you doing on myBB?

Bobbin

Executive Member

saturnz

Honorary Master
once again trying to create your own argument

you do know whats being discussed right? the issue is about giant tech companies limiting free speech on their platforms

If I haven't been clear enough let me repeat, my own thoughts are immaterial.

Brenden_E

Executive Member

Bobbin

Executive Member
you do know whats being discussed right? the issue is about giant tech companies limiting free speech on their platforms
Should a person be allowed to own property in a private capacity?

If you say yes, why can they not grow it into a giant tech company and do with it what they wish?
If you say no, are you comfortable with state ownership or any other ownership doing what they wish?
If you say maybe, I'm interested to know where you draw the line or what alternatives to consider?

Am I not allowed to learn what you're about? That's fine too I guess. But doesn't make for good interaction.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Should a person be allowed to own property in a private capacity?
you see this is the problem with "independent" thought

how would a person go about owning property in your world? remember we are no longer a democratic capitalist system, we are now in your individualism system

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Am I not allowed to learn what you're about? That's fine too I guess. But doesn't make for good interaction.
LOL, if you haven't yet, there's no hope for you.

Unless you're an expert at pigeon chess, or stumbled upon a good deal bulk buy troll biscuits.

Bobbin

Executive Member
you see this is the problem with "independent" thought

how would a person go about owning property in your world? remember we are no longer a democratic capitalist system, we are now in your individualism system
As far as I'm aware it would be managed via free market exchange, as that is the only peaceful method of exchange that I'm aware of, but I'm happy to hear alternative ideas you might have. Not sure where or why the question should be contingent on any systems in place though. I don't care whose world we're in, the idea of private ownership seems the same regardless.

Usually the first to acquire or create some form of property or value stakes their claim in it. From there it's up to the free market.

Last edited:

saturnz

Honorary Master
As far as I'm aware it would be managed via free market exchange, as that is the only peaceful method of exchange that I'm aware of, but I'm happy to hear alternative ideas you might have. Not sure where or why the question should be contingent on any systems in place though. I don't care whose world we're in, the idea of private ownership seems the same regardless.
so whats stopping me from taking your stuff you bought at the free market