Free speed upgrades for Afrihost's fibre customers

H1TMANlol

So how does it work if you're a new fibre customer only signing up from November ? Will you be given the upgrade as well ?

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Unfortunately the offer is not applicable to Vuma Reach clients. We are subsidising the costs and since the payments will be via PayFast we can't override the extra cost of the billing. Sorry for this.

But if its a free upgrade, wouldn't this have no effect on the billing? :unsure:

#justasking :giggle:

Erpenstine

With the recent speed changes that happened on Octotel Afrihost is also giving Octotel clients a reduced monthly fee. Because of this clients with a reduced monthly fee also do not qualify for the double speed promo unfortunately.
This is not what the article says, it says " Afrihost CEO Gian Visser told MyBroadband that all Afrihost fibre customers are eligible for this promotion, regardless of which fibre network they are on. "

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
So how does it work if you're a new fibre customer only signing up from November ? Will you be given the upgrade as well ?

New clients will be able to take the promo as well very soon. Keep an eye on our website for more info.

Danie_V

Thought I would not get it as am on 100Mbps on Openserve, but there I see I jumped to 100Mbps upload speed now. So ironic, on the last weekend I had to restore (upload) 12.5GB to my photo hosting site which took 2-3 days.... if only, but still great to try out the extra speed now.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
But if its a free upgrade, wouldn't this have no effect on the billing? :unsure:

#justasking :giggle:

Afrihost will be paying for all the free upgrades. With Vuma Reach clients the billing is done via PayFast and is set prices and debit dates we don't have much control over. For this promotion we are overriding the prices of each client that is taking up the promo and we can do that because Afrihost bills each of these clients.

I hope that clarifies the process a bit.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Afrihost, you better have a FAQ ready when you do things like this.

A deluge of questions always follows. :laugh:

There is quite a bit of questions coming through. In fact my inbox is jam packed. I will do my best to respond to everyone as fast as I can. :)

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
This is not what the article says, it says " Afrihost CEO Gian Visser told MyBroadband that all Afrihost fibre customers are eligible for this promotion, regardless of which fibre network they are on. "

The article does say that and that is true but there are some exclusions. Let me list them so everyone can see why they might not qualify.

*Micthells Fibre/Vuma Reach clients do not qualify for the promotion
*Clients with a price override. Usually existing Octotel clients before the speed changes and existing SADV clients migrated to Vuma Aerial
*Clients that have already taken up the promotion.
*Clients wanting to upgrade to packages higher than the next tier.
*Clients on the maximum speed available provided by the FNO.
*Clients with pending orders for cancellation or package changes
*Clients that have accounts that are not in good standing.

Thor

Honorary Master
Part of the marketing budget (of which they have a ... very big one), very cool to benefit their existing users this way.

willsotaku

Very cool indeed. Click the upgrade button, Set calendar for ~Jan 2021 and get free double speeds until then. Winning :D
Hi, would this be why my metrofibre package is still 200/200 Pending downgrade to 100/100? see its still pending but was charged the 100Mbps rate for MetroFibre

Erpenstine

The article does say that and that is true but there are some exclusions. Let me list them so everyone can see why they might not qualify.

*Micthells Fibre/Vuma Reach clients do not qualify for the promotion
*Clients with a price override. Usually existing Octotel clients before the speed changes and existing SADV clients migrated to Vuma Aerial
*Clients that have already taken up the promotion.
*Clients wanting to upgrade to packages higher than the next tier.
*Clients on the maximum speed available provided by the FNO.
*Clients with pending orders for cancellation or package changes
*Clients that have accounts that are not in good standing.
The article is completely misleading, I already upgraded from 100 Mbps to 200 Mpbs based on what I read in the article, now that I want to downgrade it will lake a month and a cant choose the octotel subsidised pricing. Ps: why are these exclusions not mentioned in the article?