Free the Western Cape

STS

Mafia Detective
I can agree with some of what they want but not excluding people that are already living in the WC, that picture of the kids dancing was interesting as a reverse image search came up with a Portugal parade, I wonder if they know?
Me too, I will support anyone who wants to pursue the life they want no matter who it offends, just not at the expense of those around them

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Dude, the moat might keep the landlubbers out but the bunch from the E/C and KZN will come at us via the ocean!
View attachment 703541
LOL.
That's the big failure of the EU's border control: they did not infest the Mediterranean with great white sharks and crocs, the republic of the western cape will not make that mistake

Sollie

Expert Member
That's the big failure of the EU's border control: they did not infest the Mediterranean with great white sharks and crocs, the republic of the western cape will not make that mistake
Just a bit of oil and rubbing, then those cannons in the castle will clean up well.

MidnightWizard

Expert Member
A VERY OLD story -- been going on for a VERY LONG time
SAME OLD story -- from the very beginning !

One of the more fanciful proposals to receive serious consideration during the first decade of European settlement at the Cape was the plan to turn the Peninsula into an island by cutting a canal from Table Bay to False Bay.

This was first mooted by Jan van Riebeeck in response to an incident in October 1653 when the Dutch lad who tended the livestock was murdered by disgruntled Khoikhoi while the armed guard was fetching food from the cook.

The rustlers achieved complete surprise and 42 of the Company’s precious cattle and draught oxen were driven off towards Hout Bay, aggravating tensions between the interlopers and the locals.

Van Riebeeck began to think about physical boundaries and systems of defence, questions that would occupy his mind for several years.

He first raised the possibly of digging a canal in April 1654. Canals were common features in the Dutch landscape and the idea was favourably received by the Lords Seventeen. Visiting commissioner Rijckloff van Goens, sr, (1619-1682) ordered Van Riebeeck to plot a route and measure the distance when he visited the Cape briefly a year later.

Rijckloff van Goens

One wonders what the Spanish Catholics in South America did in similar circumstances ?
or
The British settlers in Australia ?
or
For that matter the Dutch , French , and British settlers in North America