Free TV streaming platform with 100 channels launched in South Africa

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
It is external streams as content, however their Ts&Cs state,

License to use website

Unless otherwise stated, TV2GO.co.za and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.

You must not:

Republish material from this website (including republication on another website); sell, rent or sub-license material from the website; reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose; edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or redistribute material from this website
which is, uhm, no comment, and there are some other things in there, you know, creators content in relation with YouTube, but this does not apply to everything. It seems that they also created their own channels, scraping YouTube. All I'm saying is, their Ts&Cs must address this. Just to add, the material (streams) on there is publically available and accessible.

/meh

graybeard

I think I can see what's happening here. A so-called "free" service that would derive its income from advertising. Nothing wrong with that per se, BUT this income would be derived by piggy-backing on (i.e exploiting/parasiting) someone else's owned stuff, namely from YouTube and its contributors. When Google, who owns YouTube, finds out about this, they won't be happy. Neither will the contents' copyright owners. I know I won't be happy. I have stuff on YouTube and, let's say, I find this crowd making money off my stuff, they will be klapped big-time.

I seriously doubt that the owners of TV2GO even obtained permission from YouTube to do what they are doing (and YouTube's own T&Cs are explicit in this regard). Unlikely to be given permission either because it would effectively interfere with or affect YouTube/Google's own revenue streams. (The mere fact that TV2GO's T&Cs do not even seem to directly acknowledge YouTube is another red flag for this).

Last edited:

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Meh. It's about as interesting to me as watching grass grow. If there are no sports channels, then it's useless.

Batista

Executive Member
Ag its really not that bad.It will help when I cant decide wtf I want to watch.