Free WiFi for Samsung devices launched

Nether

Expert Member
What would the policy be for custom roms loaded onto your galaxy?

siraman

Expert Member
Nooo man,the magical number is 10 not 1, but then it's free and bummer to me on HTC.Well done Samsung,but 1GB?

XRayA4T

Nooo man,the magical number is 10 not 1, but then it's free and bummer to me on HTC.Well done Samsung,but 1GB?

You have to look at the use case. Most people will be using it from their phones to browse, update Facebook/Twitter/G+/Pintrest and read email when they are in coffee shops. For that 1GB is more than enough. Unless you are doing serious Youtube watching and spending way too much time in coffee shops you should be fine

crxboy

Nice - tablet and phoned combined brings the grand total up to 2. Good Move Samsung/Always On, good move...

Budza

Executive Member
Nice - tablet and phoned combined brings the grand total up to 2. Good Move Samsung/Always On, good move...

Confirmed?

They want your details- I wonder if they'll let you have 1GB per device or 1GB per person...

Per device, I'd get 2GB too :)

Byte

Awesomeness. This will come in very handy, thanks Samsung et al.

Hopefully 1GB for my Tab and 1GB for my Note. Not to be greedy of course :)

F1 Fan

Executive Member
Ah, so in order for me to use this, I have to walk around with my 46inch Samsung Tv. Shouldn't be hard at all.

Don' think Samsung thought this through.

Mbuzi

Expert Member
Ah, so in order for me to use this, I have to walk around with my 46inch Samsung Tv. Shouldn't be hard at all.

Samsung are not in the business to provide data to us. This would be a non-issue if our service providers gave us cheap data. This is good offer, it is free.

siraman

Expert Member
You have to look at the use case. Most people will be using it from their phones to browse, update Facebook/Twitter/G+/Pintrest and read email when they are in coffee shops. For that 1GB is more than enough. Unless you are doing serious Youtube watching and spending way too much time in coffee shops you should be fine

Tongue-in-cheek.

But then Samsung does laptops too unless by definition a laptop is not a device cause you could do some serious "data burning" with those "devices".

GuileX

Just as to be clear, you get 1gb alwayson data this is wireless data, You still need to use your own webafrica, mweb account to actually access the internet?

achuman

I wonder if this 1GB can be used internationally, if you look at the AlwaysOn access point search page they make it look like you could use this bandwidth whilst overseas... Would be very helpful!

Ryansr

Expert Member

This is a gr8 deal and if someone can afford to buy a 46inch Samsung TV with wifi capabilities then they can also afford to buy a Samsung smartphone or tablet. It is not too l8 to qualify though... :whistling:

Gapz

Just as to be clear, you get 1gb alwayson data this is wireless data, You still need to use your own webafrica, mweb account to actually access the internet?

1Gb free data so no 3rd party ADSL account needed!