Freemasons

namzsteve

Expert Member
I'm failing to understand what freemasons actually believe in and all. I met one yesterday and got somewhat a negative "vibe" from him.
He seemed like a good man but at the same time he seemed like he's not a people's person. Then I noticed a ring on his pinky finger which I googled and found that it is part of freemasonry.

I later asked him if he is married, and he said he lives alone but has a dog.
Ive been googling to see what they do and believe in, some are saying they're a satanic cult which practice satanic things, some say they're a brotherhood of peaceful men trying to be better, some are linking them to illumati things and we all know what people say those people are about... Can someone shed some light please.

Nick333

Honorary Master
I'm failing to understand what freemasons actually believe in and all. I met one yesterday and got somewhat a negative "vibe" from him.
He seemed like a good man but at the same time he seemed like he's not a people's person. Then I noticed a ring on his pinky finger which I googled and found that it is part of freemasonry.

Ive been googling to see what they do and believe in, some are saying they're a satanic cult which practice satanic things, some say they're a brotherhood of peaceful men trying to be better, some are linking them to illumati things and we all know what people say those people are about... Can someone shed some light please.
Surely there's a Wikipedia entry or even an actual freemasonry website. Why rely on hearsay?

buyeye

Expert Member
Are you a freemason who is trying to spread disinformation?

BTW... Here on MyBB we know everything about everything.

Oh yes... there is a show on Neflix about them. Thought this was a thread for that.
Watched the netflix show seemed like dress up.

There is another show called strange angel which seems closer to the truth.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
The Netflix documentary show just makes it seem like an old boy's charity club.

EADC

Executive Member
To be a Freemason you need to believe in a higher power so they are religious, but the freemasonry is not a religious fraternity. They mostly about brotherhood and doing good in your community.

Nothing sinister nothing untoward.

Xarog

Honorary Master
It would be a mistake to speak of freemasonry as if there was only one sort. The tradition has been around for centuries if not millenia, in some form or another.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
I am a Freemason!

Fourth Generation proven and have been in the craft for the past twenty years.

I don't think I am an evil person! Drink too much perhaps! But my morals and principals are solid!

There is a very good series on Freemasonary on Netflix called "Inside The Freemasons" , Masonry around the world is in decline and the series is meant to enlighten others into what we are about, but I fear they have left it too late to "open up" and the institution will fade into obscurity.

You can also google the torrent for the series!

Daruk

Honorary Master
I am a Freemason!

I don't think I am an evil person! Drink too much perhaps! But my morals and principals are solid!

There is a very good series on Freemasonary on Netflix called "Inside The Freemasons" , Masonry around the world is in decline and the series is meant to enlighten others into what we are about, but I fear they have left it too late to "open up" and the institution will fade into obscurity.

My Grandad was master of the lodge in Maseru some years back.

greg0205

Honorary Master
I am a Freemason!

My father and grandfather were both 33° masons. My dad a PGM and my grandfather the GM back in the 70s.

Never really thought about joining 'tho as they really didn't discuss what they did much... Just remember them both gearing up for Tuesday and Thursday meetings.

grok

Honorary Master
Freemasonry is cool, but their secret handshakes are hard..

Solarion

Honorary Master
Huge topic this.

According to my grandmother's research into our family history going back some 500 years or so my family was involved in some way with the Scottish Freemasons, long before the time of the Scottish Rite or the Albert Pike era. Not again since then. One of my neighbors is a Freemason.

I don't ask questions.

namzsteve

Expert Member
The documentary on Netflix makes them seem like some happy "boys club" with secrets.

ekske1

Executive Member

Everything not christian is satanic ;)

You'd probably better off looking into right hand path, hermetism, theurgy etc as its a mix of tools to apply realization and refinement.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
My great grandfather was a Freemason, he helped build the Krugersdorp Town Hall.