Freemasons

ekske1

Executive Member
Backward and outdated, no women allowed.
Like the female only one: La Grande Loge féminine?

Like NG kerk where woman had to sit "outside" which you might find in some mystery schools.

In fact you normally got instruction from a male which was considered the outside school / basic teachings before receiving the actual mysteries, that is the inner school from a female instructor.

Now returning to your statement... pop us some examples of forward and updated please.

marco

Expert Member
I grew up with Freemasonry and have been to meetings. It is a cult and a religion. A money making boys club. My Dad and his best pal donated large amounts of money to them monthly with promises of "we will look after each other".
They apparently had their own apartment blocks should a member fall on hard times.
My Dad did and no help was offered. His pal died penniless in a one room shack.

In their "bible" that I have seen, on the second page it states that Freemasonry is a religion. The Grand Master is treated like a God as he sits on his throne and hardly speaks a word. I always got that evil feeling there.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I grew up with Freemasonry and have been to meetings. It is a cult and a religion. A money making boys club. My Dad and his best pal donated large amounts of money to them monthly with promises of "we will look after each other".
They apparently had their own apartment blocks should a member fall on hard times.
My Dad did and no help was offered. His pal died penniless in a one room shack.

In their "bible" that I have seen, on the second page it states that Freemasonry is a religion. The Grand Master is treated like a God as he sits on his throne and hardly speaks a word. I always got that evil feeling there.
My grandfather quit and became a lay preacher. Never spoke of it after.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
An irrelevant, outdated, BS organization that "thrived" on their "mysterious" image as portrayed in books and movies.
Bunch of w@nkers.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
I am a Freemason!

Fourth Generation proven and have been in the craft for the past twenty years.

I don't think I am an evil person! Drink too much perhaps! But my morals and principals are solid!

There is a very good series on Freemasonary on Netflix called "Inside The Freemasons" , Masonry around the world is in decline and the series is meant to enlighten others into what we are about, but I fear they have left it too late to "open up" and the institution will fade into obscurity.

You can also google the torrent for the series!
Do you have a white pointy hood?

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Boet! After reading your posting, I rushed to my Masonic Bible, thinking I had missed that page two and was extremely disappointed to find out that a Masonic Bible is just plain old boring King James Bible....... :eek:

My Masonic Bible.jpg

Masonic Bible Inner.jpg

namzsteve

Expert Member
Why do they have to be so secretive though?

That's why and where people get all these theories from.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Why do they have to be so secretive though?

That's why and where people get all these theories from.
I agree, the secrecy is what is killing the fraternity, it has just about outlived it's purpose and the youngsters are not interested in joining.

A few weeks ago, I drove a return trip to Cape Town of 1600km to attend a meeting. It was on a Saturday morning at the Masonic center in Pinelands. The meeting was held on the Saturday morning, whilst the Boks played that famous test match against the All Blacks.

I sat in the temple, knowing the game was on, deducing that I was more than likely the youngest person in attendance and all my mates were at home watching the game, yet here I sat.....

Like another younger member of MyBB who is in the craft said to me about that particular meeting, "Heck Moose, sorry man, I would rather be watching the game around a braai than sitting in a suit in the lodge..."

Point being it's not for everyone, but I enjoy the sense of achievement at being able to do ritual without prompting...

Pitbull

Verboten
Lol, sooooo much misinformation about freemasonry it's funny as fark.

Freemasonry today is nothing but a Gentleman's club (fraternity) where they look after their own. Similar to how Jewish people keep to their own and trade with their own.

There is nothing more to it. No religion or sinister motive. Think of it as a social collection of people who do business with their "own kind" in order to enrich and advance the group as a whole.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I think in the age of information societies such as The Freemasons have become more like a club or clique. I think it is more to the benefit of someone on construction belonging to the NHBRC or MBSA than The Freemasons.

We are MyBroadbanders, whilst others are are part of the [#FsckDaPofleece] clan on Rust, etc, etc.

Cray

Honorary Master
Hahaha please explain...
It's from "Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy" - used in the book to describe Earth. Always thought the Freemasons where pretty well meaning, some odd rituals but in the end.... that's where the quote applies.