Freemasons

Daruk

Honorary Master
I dig the origins of Freemasonary. There was real world knowledge passed down and they were incredibly skilled. Time to revive the original skill set IMO and put it to use in our “instant” age where value is no longer measured in labour hours and sweat.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Quick story whilst I have the platform..

My mother lodge was a building out in the desert surrounded by tree's set out in the shape of the square and compass.

Numbers were declining and due to the fact that I work for myself I would pop down in the week to move the water sprayer around the green treeline ....

It was a cold Tuesday morning around ten o'clock when I managed to get down there and apon my arrival I found one chap in a mobility scooter and three men of the cloth huddled in a circle at the front gate to the temple.

I knew all four as we are a small town and they were customers of mine.

They were surprised to see me down there. I asked why they were down here to which one of them replied that there was great evil here and that they had come to pray for all the sinners that were members here.

I looked at them pondering if I should entertain their remarks and engage them in a debate....
I paused for a brief moment, then could not keep quiet any longer.

I asked them to follow me around to the back of the building, to the North East corner of the building where the foundation stone of the building had been laid in 1956, when the lodge had been formed.

They stood there read there reading the inscription.

It stated, " I.T.N.O.T.G.A.O.T.U AND TO THE GLORY OF GOD, This cornerstone was laid......."

I asked them, why would such a satanic cult believing institution would state "AND TO THE GLORY OF GOD" on their building.

They paused, stared and were silent.

Then I added, "When you finish praying for all the sinners here, do yourself a favour, head across to the other side of the dirt road to the graveyard, go look for the widest grave and read the inscription and then ask yourself why there is a man of God buried here, yet on his tombstone you will see the square and compass?"

I turned and headed toward the sprayer, leaving them t ponder how evil it was of me to point out those references....

I recall myself muttering to myself after I suddenly remember that the brethren had recently sponsored those tyres on that chaps mobility scooter....

"Evil Bastards that we are....." , I murmured to myself.....

Daruk

Honorary Master
Quick story whilst I have the platform...
I don't know them, but I do know that inscribing or claiming something doesn't make it so. It's not how we judge ourselves that matters. The same goes for both sides of your story IMO.
Matt 7:20-21
So then, by their fruit you will recognize them. Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord,Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’…

ekske1

Executive Member
Lol, sooooo much misinformation about freemasonry it's funny as fark.

Freemasonry today is nothing but a Gentleman's club (fraternity) where they look after their own. Similar to how Jewish people keep to their own and trade with their own.

There is nothing more to it. No religion or sinister motive. Think of it as a social collection of people who do business with their "own kind" in order to enrich and advance the group as a whole.
Kind of funny seeing how you start and then ends of with more disinformation. ahaha, but... to keep the vulgar out; the swine from the peals, you do / appear what you must. Which is kinda true for any profession ;)

In any case, allegedly it has been a while since a steady stream of adepts came from them [inclusive of mystery schools].

They seemed to have go as you say " a little club of belts, that is belts not holding pants up paid in fees " without paying due to the philosopher's life.

Cray

Honorary Master
Lol, sooooo much misinformation about freemasonry it's funny as fark.

Freemasonry today is nothing but a Gentleman's club (fraternity) where they look after their own. Similar to how Jewish people keep to their own and trade with their own.

There is nothing more to it. No religion or sinister motive. Think of it as a social collection of people who do business with their "own kind" in order to enrich and advance the group as a whole.
You obviously haven't been allowed into the inner circle yet....

Pitbull

Verboten
Kind of funny seeing how you start and then ends of with more disinformation. ahaha, but... to keep the vulgar out; the swine from the peals, you do / appear what you must. Which is kinda true for any profession ;)

In any case, allegedly it has been a while since a steady stream of adepts came from them [inclusive of mystery schools].

They seemed to have go as you say " a little club of belts, that is belts not holding pants up paid in fees " without paying due to the philosopher's life.
I see you have no clue what you talking about :D

Cius

Executive Member
I met a mason or two and they mostly seemed to be a club of friends that tried to pull together charity stuff. Obviously spending time together and many of them being businessmen they also tended to get into business deals together but nothing untoward.

Anyways, the one bad story that I heard when younger and I believe might have been based on fact was that in some area's and lodges the Masons managed to recruit a lot of judges and then get friendly with them while done some dodge business on the side. Then when they were inevitably arrested and taken to court they would do a secret non-descript signal to the judge to show him they were a mason and the judge would give a lenient sentence or perhaps throw the case out or something so that they could get away with it etc.

Not sure how true it is, but there it is. It was much bigger in the 19th century. The secrecy around it also leads to a lot of the speculation of evil intent. Hence I think it is not a great idea to operate in secret anymore. Too much opportunity for rumour and who knows, perhaps there is some truth with individual members or lodges.

Peder

Hobbit
I grew up with Freemasonry and have been to meetings. It is a cult and a religion. A money making boys club. My Dad and his best pal donated large amounts of money to them monthly with promises of "we will look after each other".
They apparently had their own apartment blocks should a member fall on hard times.
My Dad did and no help was offered. His pal died penniless in a one room shack.

In their "bible" that I have seen, on the second page it states that Freemasonry is a religion. The Grand Master is treated like a God as he sits on his throne and hardly speaks a word. I always got that evil feeling there.
My Grandfather has a similar story, he had money problems and his property was sold from under him.

My grandfather will also NEVER speak about what happened there, so it gives me a sneaky feeling that there is something wrong.

namzsteve

Expert Member
My Grandfather has a similar story, he had money problems and his property was sold from under him.

My grandfather will also NEVER speak about what happened there, so it gives me a sneaky feeling that there is something wrong.
That's the secrets they are keeping I guess, they will never tell us.

Daruk

Honorary Master

https://www.economist.com/britain/2002/02/28/fewer-on-the-square

FOR centuries, a new freemason swore not to reveal the society's secrets on pain of having his throat cut and his tongue torn out and buried in the sand at low water

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
I grew up with Freemasonry and have been to meetings. It is a cult and a religion. A money making boys club. My Dad and his best pal donated large amounts of money to them monthly with promises of "we will look after each other".
They apparently had their own apartment blocks should a member fall on hard times.
My Dad did and no help was offered. His pal died penniless in a one room shack.

In their "bible" that I have seen, on the second page it states that Freemasonry is a religion. The Grand Master is treated like a God as he sits on his throne and hardly speaks a word. I always got that evil feeling there.
It is not a cult or religion. You have to have been "enlightened" to be a freemason in other words you just need to believe in a higher being no matter what your religion.

The promises not kept by the masonic lodge that your dad and his pal belonged to has nothing to do with freemasonry and actually goes against all that freemasonry is about.

My father is a freemason and when he came from Scotland to South Africa, he attended a couple of meetings here and found out that the guys here were just in it for the favours and the money and so did not return back to any meetings and lodges while he lived here in South Africa. So what you said happened to your father and his mate is highly possible in South Africa but is by no means the actual concept of the freemasons as a whole

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
It is not a cult or religion. You have to have been "enlightened" to be a freemason in other words you just need to believe in a higher being no matter what your religion.

The promises not kept by the masonic lodge that your dad and his pal belonged to has nothing to do with freemasonry and actually goes against all that freemasonry is about.

My father is a freemason and when he came from Scotland to South Africa, he attended a couple of meetings here and found out that the guys here were just in it for the favours and the money and so did not return back to any meetings and lodges while he lived here in South Africa. So what you said happened to your father and his mate is highly possible in South Africa but is by no means the actual concept of the freemasons as a whole
Well put!

My father was also a Mason from Glasgow, his mother lodge being over there and for many years he refused to join the local lodge here.

Not all Lodges are made perfect and in actual fact I resigned from my mother lodge here in Namibia and started to attend Lodge over the border in South Africa, a round trip of 540km to attend. The reason I resigned from my local lodge? Lack of morals and principals, Brotherly love, relief and truth were nowhere to be seen. I knew brethren that were there for the wrong reasons and did not carry what they had learnt at lodge in their daily life. In all honesty, I was disgusted with some of their behaviour. Lucky for me, I knew "enlightened" folk at a Lodge in Namaqualand and practiced my craft with them.

My Mother lodge has now fallen into darkness and I see no improvement of the so called local brethren!

Point being, ISP cash cow is correct when he says "by no means the actual concept of the freemasons as a whole "