Freemasons

marco

Expert Member
I state again. Freemasonry is a Religion. I did not know this until my wife who strongly hated this cult pointed out to me what was written on the second page of their "bible". All it says on that page is that Freemasonry is a Religion. Written in the center of the page. Nothing else on that page as far as I can remember.
My wife was an ardent Christian at the time hence her concern.

marco

Expert Member
Lol, sooooo much misinformation about freemasonry it's funny as fark.

Freemasonry today is nothing but a Gentleman's club (fraternity) where they look after their own. Similar to how Jewish people keep to their own and trade with their own.

There is nothing more to it. No religion or sinister motive. Think of it as a social collection of people who do business with their "own kind" in order to enrich and advance the group as a whole.
I larf in your face. I already said that my Dad donated thousands of rands to them over many years. He attended meetings religiously on all corners of SA. This was very disappointing to me and my wife. He would often brag with his sword and uniform and show his bible that in those years was different to the one shown here.
His whole life revolved around the Freemasons as did his good buddy.

Where were the Freemasons when they lost their jobs when the mine closed down? Nowhere. They asked for assistance but nothing came of it. My Dad's pal died in a derelict room from what we think was starvation.

namzsteve

Expert Member
His whole life revolved around the Freemasons as did his good buddy.

Where were the Freemasons when they lost their jobs when the mine closed down? Nowhere. They asked for assistance but nothing came of it. My Dad's pal died in a derelict room from what we think was starvation.
So not so much a "brotherly stokvel" after all.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
I state again. Freemasonry is a Religion. I did not know this until my wife who strongly hated this cult pointed out to me what was written on the second page of their "bible". All it says on that page is that Freemasonry is a Religion. Written in the center of the page. Nothing else on that page as far as I can remember.
My wife was an ardent Christian at the time hence her concern.
wow people in the know give you the information proving that you are wong, Mortymoose has even shown that his King James Bible (which is the bible given to the freemasons if you do not possess one when they get their master mason degree) and yet you still try and point out is it a cult and a religion. In fact you can take your freemason master mason vows on any religion writ - your religions document of choice (the koran for instance).

Your wife being the ardent christian she was, was following the same book that most freemasons do.

Stop posting nonsense about stuff you have absolutely no knowledge of. Just because your father and his pal got screwed over by some members (who claim to be freemasons but don't follow the ethics of the code)

Their are specific masonic KJV bibles but the only difference is that since masonry was initially about the building trade the only special thing they have in them over the normal bible (that your christian wife follows) is that they have diagrams and drawings of certain temples such as king Solomons chambers etc.

Take your anger of what happened to your father out on the individuals who let him down (posing as free masons but not following the ethics code) not on the free masons themselves.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I would pay good money (well, Zim dollars actually) to meet a couple of Muslim freemasons.

eg2505

Honorary Master
I dont know firsthand, and apparently when I was younger
I was invited to one of their summer camps in CPT if I remember.

no family history of freemasonary though, which is weird.

didn't stop me reading accounts from many people,
including a chap that went all the way to the top the 37th degree or something like that.

http://www.masonicinfo.com/shaw.htm

says its an evil satanic cult, but maybe he is just bitter
I dont know firsthand.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
I would pay good money (well, Zim dollars actually) to meet a couple of Muslim freemasons.
yeah I was being a bit over dramatic. but in essence a muslim could be a free mason but generally the muslim faith would not allow him to become a free mason due to the whole secrecy thing.

Daruk

Honorary Master
yeah I was being a bit over dramatic. but in essence a muslim could be a free mason but generally the muslim faith would not allow him to become a free mason due to the whole secrecy thing.
The same goes for the Christian faith. You have to be half hearted Christian to be a Freemason IMO.

It’s totally at odds with what Jesus taught:
https://biblehub.com/john/14-6.htm

Grant

Honorary Master
Why do they have to be so secretive though?

That's why and where people get all these theories from.
coz they get to pull strings in parliament, look:

The Temple is approached through a splendid arch, designed by the architect Louis Thibault, and stands at the head of a large courtyard. Originally, this courtyard was a garden, but it is now a parking area used by Parliamentary staff during the day and by the Brethren in the evenings and over weekends.
When you enter Lodge de Goede Hoop itself, it is into a small foyer. In front of you are double doors, some 12 feet high, leading into the Temple Robing Room.

To your left is the Preparator’s Room, with stairs leading to the organ loft. If you continue further left, you enter the Chamber of Meditation, containing a statue of “Hiram Abiff” by Anton Anreith. Leading out of the Chamber of Meditation, through a heavy wooden door, is a sloping passageway to the Middle Chamber.
On the Foyer’s right there is a small area where the Brethren keep their cases, and from this area are doors to the Master’s Robing Room and the Chamber of Silence.
Screen shot 2018-10-28 at 7.30.49 AM.jpg

parliament.jpg

JC H

To be a Freemason you need to believe in a higher power so they are religious, but the freemasonry is not a religious fraternity. They mostly about brotherhood and doing good in your community.

Nothing sinister nothing untoward.
Wrong place for this post. Should be posted in jokes !!:laugh::laugh:

RedViking

Nord of the South
I don't know much about Freemason's. Just that they like the Pillars of Solomon. Some of them even think they originate from Scotland. One guy wrote a book about the brotherhood and how he is a true freemason from Scotland. That was many years ago and all I can remember.... Maybe I got it mixed up with something else.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
I used to think Masons were benign, then I saw new lodges popping up all over the place and strong links to really gross stuff.
They really like the dog vibe.

JC H

Care to elaborate?
Yes, the way that you put it, is the way that they want to be seen. The reality is that they are more dangerous than that. They controlling the world today in a way that can take us all of us to a sad apocalypses, just because of greediness .

EADC

Executive Member
Yes, the way that you put it, is the way that they want to be seen. The reality is that they are more dangerous than that. They controlling the world today in a way that can take us all of us to a sad apocalypses, just because of greediness .
Actually that is incorrect as the illuminati control the world