Freeware alternative to Norton Ghost

Fenix_SA

I'm looking for a freeware alternative to Norton Ghost. I'll be using it to copy the content of my current 320GB system drive to a new 1TB drive.

Thanks

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Most of the freeware anti-virus programs are enough in terms of protection as long as you pay attention to what you are doing on the computer, keep the anti-virus, the OS and other programs updated and avoid risky activity (suspicious websites and programs). Even the best anti-virus can be beaten by user error, especially when it comes to manually installing the virus (by accident or otherwise) or when a virus takes advantage of a security hole in a program or the OS.

I’ve used Kaspersky 2010 since it came out and it works very well.It did very well in rootkit detection: It managed to detect, block, and remove all ten stealth malware samples that we threw at it. It also detected and disabled all ten test infections, and proved more successful than other applications.

um, great thanks! But what does all that have to do with Norton Ghost? :confused:

ronan73

Most of the freeware anti-virus programs are enough in terms of protection as long as you pay attention to what you are doing on the computer, keep the anti-virus, the OS and other programs updated and avoid risky activity (suspicious websites and programs). Even the best anti-virus can be beaten by user error, especially when it comes to manually installing the virus (by accident or otherwise) or when a virus takes advantage of a security hole in a program or the OS.

I’ve used Kaspersky 2010 since it came out and it works very well.It did very well in rootkit detection: It managed to detect, block, and remove all ten stealth malware samples that we threw at it. It also detected and disabled all ten test infections, and proved more successful than other applications.

RAS maybe?

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Nope, link is unsafe. Post is reported as spam, and spammer is about to get the banhammer.

Abe

Expert Member
Although it's not free, I personally use Acronis TrueImage. It works like a dream and has a boot CD which does this nicely. One of the trial versions of the boot CD worked like a full version but I can't remember which one :(