Fresh Galaxy S22 price leaks - 50 euro less than previously reported

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
New Samsung Galaxy S22 prices leaked

The Samsung Galaxy S22 lineup could cost €50 (R855) less than previously believed, according to new leaks from tipster Roland Quandt.

Samsung has also opened pre-registration for the Galaxy S22 range and the Galaxy Tab S8 in the US, allowing prospective buyers to express interest in purchasing the devices without putting money down up-front.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
8GB RAM for a base "Ultra" model for Android is a bit on the shy side.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Samsung Galaxy S22 series European pricing leaks, S22 Ultra to start with 8GB RAM

The interesting bit comes when we look up the S22 Ultra with the baseline version only getting 8GB RAM and 128GB storage for the hefty €1,249 price tag. This is rather odd since the S20 Ultra and S21 Ultra both started with 12GB RAM in their baseline trim levels.

Corelli

Expert Member
R28k for a phone to get whatsapp, take pictures and make phone calls (most use whatsapp calls).

Serious gamers still use PS4/5 and Xbox, or Pcs.

So honestly, why spend R28k on a phone, other than to show off, that you spent R28k on a phone. If you're a criminal you're probs using an old Nokia (or new ) one anyway.

R3649 pm for the Galaxy Z Fold 3 or R87576 for the duration of the 24 month contract.

And all you will use it for is taking photos, message on whatsapp, and phone calls (which you can make free on whatsapp anyhow). And if you have Fibre at home, do you really need so much data? 20GB of data? I know I buy 7.5gb of daytime and 7.5gb of nighttime data from Telkom for R99 per month. And I hardly ever reach 4-5gb.

And I will admit, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10, which I paid R5000 for 2nd hand, which can do pretty much the same thing. Sure its not world class for gaming, but can play all the games I play.

So during my lifecycle my total cost is R7400, (and I can probs get a smaller data bundle). But literally its an 80k difference.

So do you really need to spend 80k more on something that can do pretty much the same thing, just to show off, while leaving you broke?

Because I invest that 80k in property rather, which I have, and now I have just bought my 3rd property (2 houses and 1 apartment). By making sensible choices, and my friend just bought his Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 on that contract, and yet rents monthly.

So this is also the reason why Apple has intentionally slowed down their old phones in firmware upgrades, to get people to migrate onto their new phones.

But do you really need that? Or would you rather save and retire comfortably.

Yes yes, I am sure I will be hated for this. I admit I am not a big mac supported for the same reason, and rather than investing in a R25k graphics card, I rather spend R4k buying an xbox one. But by the time I will retire, which is another say 25 years, I reckon I wouldve bought another 2 properties. And at today's rental rates I would make an extra R44-50k per month from rental income, over and above my pension. Whereas my friend may still have to deal with 15k rent while trying to retire with whatever pension he has (which is currently less than mine).

So save, if you rather then want to enjoy, or hand something over meaningful for your kids. Imagine your kids never having to worry about a bond.

Brawler

Honorary Master
So honestly, why spend R28k on a phone, other than to show off, that you spent R28k on a phone.
A school friend recently was posting his iPhone 13 Pro Max all over Instagram. I remember him doing the same thing a year ago with the 12 Pro Max so I asked him how come he upgraded. These are the responses:
  • "I'm doing ok :)"
  • "Its a perfect phone and a premium experience"
  • "5G is nuts. Its super quick especially with 200mbps fibre"
  • "I'm an Apple bitch"
  • "My dad pays for it lol"
This is coming from an educated 34-year-old.

eg2505

Honorary Master
A school friend recently was posting his iPhone 13 Pro Max all over Instagram. I remember him doing the same thing a year ago with the 12 Pro Max so I asked him how come he upgraded. These are the responses:
  • "I'm doing ok :)"
  • "Its a perfect phone and a premium experience"
  • "5G is nuts. Its super quick especially with 200mbps fibre"
  • "I'm an Apple bitch"
  • "My dad pays for it lol"
This is coming from an educated 34-year-old.
he said it not me...

the B*** part especially, plenty of these idiots here on mybb.
who love their idiotphones and idiotpads and assorted idiot gadgets that all I wanna do is want to smash with a rock.

_kabal_

Expert Member
R28k for a phone to get whatsapp, take pictures and make phone calls (most use whatsapp calls).

Serious gamers still use PS4/5 and Xbox, or Pcs.

So honestly, why spend R28k on a phone, other than to show off, that you spent R28k on a phone. If you're a criminal you're probs using an old Nokia (or new ) one anyway.

R3649 pm for the Galaxy Z Fold 3 or R87576 for the duration of the 24 month contract.

And all you will use it for is taking photos, message on whatsapp, and phone calls (which you can make free on whatsapp anyhow). And if you have Fibre at home, do you really need so much data? 20GB of data? I know I buy 7.5gb of daytime and 7.5gb of nighttime data from Telkom for R99 per month. And I hardly ever reach 4-5gb.

And I will admit, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10, which I paid R5000 for 2nd hand, which can do pretty much the same thing. Sure its not world class for gaming, but can play all the games I play.

So during my lifecycle my total cost is R7400, (and I can probs get a smaller data bundle). But literally its an 80k difference.

So do you really need to spend 80k more on something that can do pretty much the same thing, just to show off, while leaving you broke?

Because I invest that 80k in property rather, which I have, and now I have just bought my 3rd property (2 houses and 1 apartment). By making sensible choices, and my friend just bought his Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 on that contract, and yet rents monthly.

So this is also the reason why Apple has intentionally slowed down their old phones in firmware upgrades, to get people to migrate onto their new phones.

But do you really need that? Or would you rather save and retire comfortably.

Yes yes, I am sure I will be hated for this. I admit I am not a big mac supported for the same reason, and rather than investing in a R25k graphics card, I rather spend R4k buying an xbox one. But by the time I will retire, which is another say 25 years, I reckon I wouldve bought another 2 properties. And at today's rental rates I would make an extra R44-50k per month from rental income, over and above my pension. Whereas my friend may still have to deal with 15k rent while trying to retire with whatever pension he has (which is currently less than mine).

So save, if you rather then want to enjoy, or hand something over meaningful for your kids. Imagine your kids never having to worry about a bond.

why-not-both-girl-meme-social-reaction.jpg